Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Colorado sheriff says new state gun laws won't be enforced | Fox News

Good on him!

"I can’t tell you when those were sold, bought and purchased. As far as I’m concerned, they were all pre-July 1 if the governor does sign this bill,"

"Maketa said his office keeps records of every concealed carry permit holder in the county as required by law, but he would never share it.
    He said he would destroy the database if anyone tried to get their hands on it and would intervene if government agents started arresting county residents for exercising their constitutional rights."

^My favorite two parts^
    Venture Surplus ad

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    This is so awesome, but man is he just inviting a world of hurt his way with saying those things. I totally am glad he is saying them, but hope he knows what he's bringing his way.

The state already threatened to not pay LEOs if the county sheriffs didnt say they agreed to the gun control laws. They basically told the state they would see them in court if they tried.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Colorado sheriff says new state gun laws won't be enforced | Fox News

Good on him!

"I can’t tell you when those were sold, bought and purchased. As far as I’m concerned, they were all pre-July 1 if the governor does sign this bill,"

"Maketa said his office keeps records of every concealed carry permit holder in the county as required by law, but he would never share it.
    He said he would destroy the database if anyone tried to get their hands on it and would intervene if government agents started arresting county residents for exercising their constitutional rights."

^My favorite two parts^

Good for him!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    This is so awesome, but man is he just inviting a world of hurt his way with saying those things. I totally am glad he is saying them, but hope he knows what he's bringing his way.
    if that happened, and something went wrong,
    The storm would be a big one

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The problem is that you as an individual now do not know what laws you must follow, and who is enforcing them. What if say you piss off a police officer and he decides to enforce a written law? He has every right to do that. The only way you can be certain is by making sure that the entire state law enforcement is on board.
    Trying to be a law abiding citizen is going to get more difficult...

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The problem is that you as an individual now do not know what laws you must follow, and who is enforcing them. What if say you piss off a police officer and he decides to enforce a written law? He has every right to do that. The only way you can be certain is by making sure that the entire state law enforcement is on board.
    Trying to be a law abiding citizen is going to get more difficult...

Definitely a true statement!

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I hope our county sheriffs never have to make that call.
    No help from Harris County, sorry. Houston Police Chief Charles McClelland and Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia support the AWB.

This quote really burns my ass:

“As for military-style assault weapons, armor-piercing bullets and similar items, I don’t want that type of weaponry on the streets of Harris County,” Garcia said. “We are seeing where cartels got firearms through a legal process.”

I'll just leave that there - I don't even know where to start explaining such stupidity.

Last edited:

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    So we know that Texas is trying to get a bill passed that would say that federal authorities cannot enforce AWB laws in Texas, and if they attempt it they would run the risk of being arrested. What about counties within Texas trying to honor the AWB? Will those LEOs be arrested? That could be quite a conundrum

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    I'm glad I don't live in Dallas county but I do know they have gone blue. I'm pretty sure Austin has but what about Houston and San Antonio? It seems that the big cities tend to control the state.

ETA: I think that Dallas county would love to enforce the AWB if given the choice.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I'm glad I don't live in Dallas county but I do know they have gone blue. I'm pretty sure Austin has but what about Houston and San Antonio? It seems that the big cities tend to control the state.

ETA: I think that Dallas county would love to enforce the AWB if given the choice.
    read #12

Top Bottom