• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NavyVet1959

Curmudgeon Extraordinaire
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    I had a brother-in-law that wore checkered flare-bottom pants (70s thing, red and black). He married my sister!!!
    She divorced him 30 years ago and luckily he died a few years ago. (He was weird)

Some of us are just glad that no photos are around of what we were wearing in the '70s...
    Hurley's Gold

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Retailer started sending it out after the law was passed. It wasn't coincidental else it wouldn't have included the .30-07.
    It wouldn't have been an issue to scare them about had not OC passed with the .30-07 sign provision.

I know at our diocese it wasn't an issue prior to that. Very few even knew CC was legal much less OC issues. Now I have to pass out a stupid .30-07 card if someone walked in (whereas I just tell the dumbass wearing a hat that this is God's house and show some respect dickbag!...I have issues about men wearing hats inside..).

There are some people who wear hats because they have scar tissue (due to accidents, burns, etc) that they wish to not display. Some maybe just bald spots though. :)

On the other hand, why do we think it acceptable for a woman to wear a hat indoors and not a man?

women-hats-cobb_57890_600x450.jpg

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    To play devil's advocate...why?

Because it's your business and you should be able to run it the way you want to run it as long as you make it perfectly clear up front that you do not want the business of certain classes of individuals. As long as they have to display their prejudices in public, people will get to decide if they want to do business with a company that discriminates against those people and the market will decide whether the business is successful.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    On the other hand, why do we think it acceptable for a woman to wear a hat indoors and not a man?

Because Mom said so.

Because it's your business and you should be able to run it the way you want to run it as long as you make it perfectly clear up front that you do not want the business of certain classes of individuals.
    Again...why? What if that is the only business in town?

As long as they have to display their prejudices in public, people will get to decide if they want to do business with a company that discriminates against those people and the market will decide whether the business is successful.
    A very Libertarian viewpoint. Salute!

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Is there any *real* organized, cohesive effort under way to undo and get rid of the ridiculous signage laws created by the legislature for purposes of controlling LTC'ers? My basic, fundamental premise is that a number of other states don't have a need for the elaborate signage laws that Texas has and THEY seem to do just fine. Why on this God's green earth do Texans "need" more restrictive controlling carry laws than many other states have. My real question however is about any meaningful organizations trying to work with the legislature to improve the laws (and please don't tell me TSRA is trying to get the sign laws dropped!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Is there any *real* organized, cohesive effort under way to undo and get rid of the ridiculous signage laws created by the legislature for purposes of controlling LTC'ers? My basic, fundamental premise is that a number of other states don't have a need for the elaborate signage laws that Texas has and THEY seem to do just fine. Why on this God's green earth do Texans "need" more restrictive controlling carry laws than many other states have. My real question however is about any meaningful organizations trying to work with the legislature to improve the laws (and please don't tell me TSRA is trying to get the sign laws dropped!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think there is a move legislatively, but I think people should demonstrate in front of the businesses. Maybe get some media buzz. Seems to me that a store owner would rather have licensed people carrying concealed spending money in their stores than demonstrating in front of it. I also doubt anyone didn't do business with a store because they DIDN'T have a 30.06 sign, so all they're doing is running off business...and lessening the defensibility of its patrons.

I'm all for organizing some demonstrations.

NavyVet1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2014
    Texas, ya'll
    Again...why? What if that is the only business in town?

Then you're just out of luck. Time to move. Maybe try protesting in front of the business and you might find others who agree that "Black Asian Pastafarians who wear colanders" (or whatever) should not be discriminated against. :)

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Same reason they think men should keep their shirts tucked in but women get a pass on that.

Help! I'm being sexually opressed in the workplace!

I always wondered how women can claim workplace equality, complain about sexual harassment if someone looks at them, but then get to wear basically whatever they want. Case in point: Watch Fox News. Kymberly Guillfoyle always has all her business out on display. Imagine if Hannity had his shirt unbuttoned to his navel, gold chains danging, well groomed chest carpet paraded out proudly... Now, I'm not complaining about "the ladies" of course, but don't cry about equality if you're not required to wear the same suit and tie as your counterparts. Kinda like having different physical fitness requirements for men and women in combat/SOF roles. Of course, I'd much rather watch Fox than MSNBC when it comes to the fairer sex (are we allowed to say that still?)

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I always wondered how women can claim workplace equality, complain about sexual harassment if someone looks at them, but then get to wear basically whatever they want. Case in point: Watch Fox News. Kymberly Guillfoyle always has all her business out on display. Imagine if Hannity had his shirt unbuttoned to his navel, gold chains danging, well groomed chest carpet paraded out proudly... Now, I'm not complaining about "the ladies" of course, but don't cry about equality if you're not required to wear the same suit and tie as your counterparts. Kinda like having different physical fitness requirements for men and women in combat/SOF roles. Of course, I'd much rather watch Fox than MSNBC when it comes to the fairer sex (are we allowed to say that still?)

Thats intentional Fox wardrobe (pardon the pun). Its not a "get to" its a "requirement." There are a couple of them that also are on other networks and they dress normally when on those.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    This past Wednesday Missouri overrode their Governor's veto and became the 12th state to pass Constitutional Carry (no permit or license required). And I'm betting they ain't got these frickin' crazy-ass signs to deal with either.

Sent from my Apple thing

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Every delivery driver has their LTC and carries (usually concealed). Some of my managers too. Plus a 12ga behind the counter...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    I'd like to throw my business your way, but haven't a clue what it is. Thanks for your support!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Then it sounds like a business opportunity for those who don't agree with how that person runs their business.

Yep.

Then you're just out of luck. Time to move. Maybe try protesting in front of the business and you might find others who agree that "Black Asian Pastafarians who wear colanders" (or whatever) should not be discriminated against. :)

Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom