• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    Man, oh man, oh man. Your opinion is very valid, but also misguided. You rights are nothing to be bargained with. You dont have to earn TRUSTWORTH. In fact, the people you elect are the one's who have to earn trust, not you. The trust that has been given to Texas Politicians is the reason we have had our rights taken away!
    I want to stress the point and make myself very clear, NO GOVERNMENT in this country has the right to take your Constitutional Rights away from you. Althow that is exactly what they have been allowed to do.
    We are living in a very important era, an era that will be historical in the preservation of this country.
    You dont have to earn the trust of your government! You and all citizens controll your elected government. Remember " For The People By The People"???
    I also want to let you know I have first hand knowlede of a very important signature that will be required to get our Constiutional Rights back. This important person will vote for this legislature.
    Again, the citizens do not have to earn trustworth!
    Let me remind you of a quote from 1995. " I trust my fellow Texans " GW Bush. This was his comment when he signed the CHL law in reguards to the There Will Be BLood In The Streets argument. Politicians have no right to distrust the citizens.
    There is also a very good reason to go after you Constitutional Right that shall not be infringed.

Very well said and I agree!
    Guns International

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Man, oh man, oh man. Your opinion is very valid, but also misguided. You rights are nothing to be bargained with. You dont have to earn TRUSTWORTH. In fact, the people you elect are the one's who have to earn trust, not you. The trust that has been given to Texas Politicians is the reason we have had our rights taken away!
    I want to stress the point and make myself very clear, NO GOVERNMENT in this country has the right to take your Constitutional Rights away from you. Althow that is exactly what they have been allowed to do.
    We are living in a very important era, an era that will be historical in the preservation of this country.
    You dont have to earn the trust of your government! You and all citizens controll your elected government. Remember " For The People By The People"???
    I also want to let you know I have first hand knowlede of a very important signature that will be required to get our Constiutional Rights back. This important person will vote for this legislature.
    Again, the citizens do not have to earn trustworth!
    Let me remind you of a quote from 1995. " I trust my fellow Texans " GW Bush. This was his comment when he signed the CHL law in reguards to the There Will Be BLood In The Streets argument. Politicians have no right to distrust the citizens.
    There is also a very good reason to go after you Constitutional Right that shall not be infringed.

You're preaching to the choir here. Emotional diatribe aside, how are we going to get our rights back? There are still many Liberal voters in Texas. It's a practical matter.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    You gotta tell your Represenatives and Senators you want em back. Let them know you want it in legislature. Then we get to vote. If people can get off their lazy ass's and vote, then we wont accomplish anything.
    As a matter of a fact, Constitutional Carry, such as Arizonas law, will make Texas less desireable for the libtards. They'll stop moving to Texas then!!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    You're preaching to the choir here.
    You'd think on a board like this it'd be preaching to the choir... it's not. There are some outspoken members here who are against open carry.

Several TX CHL organizations and instructors that are also anti open carry.

And way too many gun owners who think open carry is a bad idea.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    You'd think on a board like this it'd be preaching to the choir... it's not. There are some outspoken members here who are against open carry.

Several TX CHL organizations and instructors that are also anti open carry.

And way too many gun owners who think open carry is a bad idea.

Yea but you know what man? It aint their decision! Its an individuals right to choice. I dont like concealed carry, but I dont tell people they shouldnt.
    It sickens me to hear anyone who claims to be progun to tell people what they should and shouldnt do with a Constitutional Right, a right that shall not be infringed.
    Speaking of Elitist, yea, I think thats what it is. Some people dont like the fact that I dip snuff and spit in public, but thats my right and I dont suggest anyone else does it either.
    I live and let live, untill your lifestyle affect me. Then you got one big mean problem to deal with.
    People should have a choice. Untill they make bads one's that affect others, its none of my business what they do!

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    The fastest way to get something like this done is to get petitions circulating all over the state and MAKE the legislator bring it up. We will still need to make the phone calls to get them to vote the way we want but we need the Petition to make sure it comes up. I have said this on several topics of law change, we need to excerise our right to change things and that the way we do it.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I'm all for Concealed Carry but not for unlimited Open Carry.

OC opens up a whole 'nother can of worms if you ask me. OC requires 100% attention all the time unless you want to be vulnerable to somebody getting in position and acquiring your firearm by surprise. CC solves this issue 90% of the time simply by being concealed. Add to that the uneasiness around guns of the average "citizen" and I can see where it would become an issue resulting in ever more "gun free" zones.

I see LEOs all the time at eateries with their sidearm holstered, unsnapped, and easily accessible. It appears that they are just too comfy with the respect for the badge. Not a good situation if the bad guy gets the jump and a horrible situation if he gets the jump on John Q Public while he's pumping gas...

I'll don my flameproof suit now.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010

OC opens up a whole 'nother can of worms if you ask me. OC requires 100% attention all the time unless you want to be vulnerable to somebody getting in position and acquiring your firearm by surprise. CC solves this issue 90% of the time simply by being concealed. Add to that the uneasiness around guns of the average "citizen" and I can see where it would become an issue resulting in ever more "gun free" zones.

I see LEOs all the time at eateries with their sidearm holstered, unsnapped, and easily accessible. It appears that they are just too comfy with the respect for the badge. Not a good situation if the bad guy gets the jump and a horrible situation if he gets the jump on John Q Public while he's pumping gas...

How many times does it happen though? Plenty of cops\states with citizens and it's not a common occurrence. I'd say more people drown in their own swimming pools than have their guns taken out of open carry holsters.

I also must ask why do you want to limit my right to carry openly even if your personal choice is not to open carry.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Most people won't even notice you have a gun. Sheep are trained to keep their heads down. True that OC requires increased SA, and there are good retention holsters available if you worry about thugs snatching your pistol.

I think OC by good citizens will eventually decrease the irrational fear Liberals have of guns. When a holstered pistol is a common sight, and blood does not run in the streets, I believe some of these cowardly types will shift their views more toward reality.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Most people won't even notice you have a gun. Sheep are trained to keep their heads down. True that OC requires increased SA, and there are good retention holsters available if you worry about thugs snatching your pistol.

I think OC by good citizens will eventually decrease the irrational fear Liberals have of guns. When a holstered pistol is a common sight, and blood does not run in the streets, I believe some of these cowardly types will shift their views more toward reality.

I can only hope that would be true.

Frankly I believe that a very very tiny minority of the citizens in this country would support "cowboy style" open carry tactics on every street corner. CC is much more civilized and in spite of some opinions here, we are supposed to be a civilized nation. OC is often just a "look at me" tactic. You are just as well protected via CC.

I think unlimited OC is unnecessary in order to comply with the 2nd amendment and I do not apologize for my opinion. I am however... willing to be proven wrong.

EDIT: Screwed up my "quote'. Fixed now.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Frankly I believe that a very very tiny minority of the citizens in this country would support "cowboy style" open carry tactics on every street corner. CC is much more civilized and in spite of some opinions here, we are supposed to be a civilized nation. OC is just a "look at me" tactic. You are just as well protected via CC.

I think unlimited OC is unnecessary in order to comply with the 2nd amendment and I do not apologize for my opinion.

Count the RED states..... Those are the ones that limit Open Carry. We are one of seven states that don't allow open carry in some capacity. How many examples in any of the other states.. any can you site where it has become the issue you Imagen it to be?
    OC-OpenCarry.svg
    300px-OC-OpenCarry.svg.png

OC-OpenCarry.svg

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Count the RED states..... Those are the ones that limit Open Carry. We are one of seven states that don't allow open carry in some capacity. How many examples in any of the other states.. any can you site where it has become the issue you Imagen it to be?
    OC-OpenCarry.svg
    300px-OC-OpenCarry.svg.png

OC-OpenCarry.svg
    Never said I was against OC in some situations. I said I disagreed with unlimited open carry (as do most states) - Plus, a graphic of what other states do or do not do has little bearing on my opinion.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Frankly I believe that a very very tiny minority of the citizens in this country would support "cowboy style" open carry tactics on every street corner. CC is much more civilized and in spite of some opinions here, we are supposed to be a civilized nation. OC is just a "look at me" tactic. You are just as well protected via CC.

I think unlimited OC is unnecessary in order to comply with the 2nd amendment and I do not apologize for my opinion. I am however... willing to be proven wrong.

Yes, we wouldn't want "cowboy style" carry to come back, then the "Wild West" will return and "blood will flow in the streets". Open carry is "uncivilized" because guns are dirty and shameful and should be hidden, or only carried by Police. You sir have been brainwashed.

OC is not a "look at me" tactic. Reasons to OC: Comfort. I don't like shoving a holster down my pants. Texas gets damn hot in the summer. You shouldn't have to buy all new pants and wear gansta baggy shirts just so you can carry a gun.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Look at Vermont, Alaska, and now Arizona. Look at almost every State other than Texas, which allow OC in some form. Has all that uncivilized behavior increased or decreased the violent crime rate? Does blood flow in the streets? Have the sheeple of these States risen up and demanded gun control legislation?

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Yes, we wouldn't want "cowboy style" carry to come back, then the "Wild West" will return and "blood will flow in the streets". Open carry is "uncivilized" because guns are dirty and shameful and should be hidden, or only carried by Police. You sir have been brainwashed.

OC is not a "look at me" tactic. Reasons to OC: Comfort. I don't like shoving a holster down my pants. Texas gets damn hot in the summer. You shouldn't have to buy all new pants and wear gansta baggy shirts just so you can carry a gun.

I'm afraid your tinfoil hat is slipping. I have not been brainwashed my friend. I have an opinion. You have an opinion. We could run a little pissing match all night and not change each other's mind. I'm not gonna argue with you. We'll just have to agree to disagree and move on.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Never said I was against OC in some situations. I said I disagreed with unlimited open carry (as do most states) - Plus, a graphic of what other states do or do not do has little bearing on my opinion.

What is your definition of "unlimited carry"? Graphic was to point out that, although most states allow open carry, it hasn't been an issue there.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    What is your definition of "unlimited carry"? Graphic was to point out that, although most states allow open carry, it hasn't been an issue there.

Well... my opinion isn't going to have any effect on the law or any changes to it. I believe that CC is perfectly acceptable in a civilized society. I don't see a need to have open carry. Simple as that.

Hell, I'm certainly not anti gun here, but I am entitled to an opinion.

Edit. OOps... didn't actually address your Q. By unlimited open carry, I mean anybody anywhere regardless of status. Many of the open carry states require a permit process similar to Texas CHL. I tend to agree with that.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I'm afraid your tinfoil hat is slipping. I have not been brainwashed my friend. I have an opinion. You have an opinion. We could run a little pissing match all night and not change each other's mind. I'm not gonna argue with you. We'll just have to agree to disagree and move on.

When you use language like "cowboy style" and "CC is much more civilized", you sound like a gun fearing liberal. I don't understand where that's coming from, since you are obviously not anti-gun.

Anyway, if you are correct, why haven't the many States which allow OC experienced problems? Why have the Liberal citizens of these States not freaked out and demanded anti gun laws? Why does OC work in nearly every State except Texas? Why do Alaska and Vermont have dramatically low violent crime rates? Instead of focusing on how we feel, let's look at the facts.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Well... my opinion isn't going to have any effect on the law or any changes to it. I believe that CC is perfectly acceptable in a civilized society. I don't see a need to have open carry. Simple as that.

Hell, I'm certainly not anti gun here, but I am entitled to an opinion.
    Thats all fine and dandy, and givin the option, you should conceal carry if thats what you prefer. Other might want to open carry. Once again, I will relate back to the " Shall not be infringed" part of Everyones rights. One man opinion should not regulate the rights of others.
    And what the hell is wrong with Cowboy ways? Last I checked , my big ass still lived in Texas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom