• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Could the exact same argument be used against having to produce ID for a gun purchase?

I would love to see gun purchasing have the same requirements as voting, even if you include show your ID. It would really reduce a lot of the paperwork.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    IMO, voting is the only thing I should have to have ID for. Driving, guns, alcohol and anything else shouldn't require ID nor testing nor $$ nor jack shiznit.

I don't get why it discriminates. What's the argument? Can minorities not read or something?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Some thing the 15th Amendment and some are saying that it amounts to a Jim Crow law.

The 15th Amendment, ratified on February 3, 1870, provided that, "The right of U.S. citizens to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude."

I'm asking that the same scrutiny be applied to the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and that having to provide ID to purchase a gun does indeed infringe on our rights the same way they have applied this to voting rights.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    No ones been in "servitude" that's still alive to vote. I don't see how you can get around it when voting, they have to know you're eligible and aren't voting more than once. Maybe I just can't understand the counter argument.

There's no law against having multiple guns vs votes.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    OK, took a sec to sink in.

YES, requiring an ID to buy a gun is ridiculous. It should be the exact same as buying a gallon of milk.

This isn't my opinion - this is fact. If you disagree I'm pre-empting your argument to say you're wrong since I have to hit the hay now and don't have time to argue with mentally imprisoned individuals.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I do not see the problem with having to prove who you are to vote, buy a gun, drive a car, buy beer or cigs. Free ID's for voting would be available to those who cannot afford one. Perhaps ID should be required for EVERYONE and EVERYONE should be required to vote.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    That it discriminates against minorities to require documentation for one.

How can that be discrimination against minorities?

I am a member of a minority group, and have to show ID to get on an airplane, board a bus, cash a check, or show my driver's license to a Cop when stopped.

Same rules apply to all others.

When I vote, I want to prove that I am a legal voter, and don't want my vote cancelled by illegals.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    I do not see the problem with having to prove who you are to vote, buy a gun, drive a car, buy beer or cigs. Free ID's for voting would be available to those who cannot afford one. Perhaps ID should be required for EVERYONE and EVERYONE should be required to vote.
    if people are too lazy to get a free ID, why should they have the right to vote? if you require people to vote, why not require them too buy healthcare. oops, they are trying to do the later, without the necessity of the requirement to vote, hhmmm. if more people were required to vote, i bet that lazy right side conservatives would be forced to vote and the left side dems would be put out of business. Thats the problem I see, too many people that would vote on the right side, don't. And the people you don't want voting do. I have too many fiends that tend to lean right, and no matter how hard i try to convince then to vote, they feel that there are enough that will, so they don't have too. we as right wing gun luvin americans have to convince our less motivated lazy buds to get off their ass and vote.

just my drunk ass opinion

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I've used this argument many times, gun ownership is just as much a constitutional right as voting. If producing an ID is too much of a burden to vote, then producing an ID is too much of a burden to own a gun....

Pisses lefties off. Which is always fun.

Top Bottom