Hurley's Gold

Capping/Valving old 5 gal water jugs for future water use...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    I have about 10 excellent condition clear 5 gal spring water jugs that Sparkletts wont take back...I was thinking keeping a couple would be great for camping, beach trips etc to put drinking/rinsing water in etc, but theyre just an open throated bottle now once the seal was torn off...has anyone discovered a way to clamp on or thread on some sort of valve or seal that can be opened easy for "in the field" access?

Thanks
    Texas SOT

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I have about 10 excellent condition clear 5 gal spring water jugs that Sparkletts wont take back...I was thinking keeping a couple would be great for camping, beach trips etc to put drinking/rinsing water in etc, but theyre just an open throated bottle now once the seal was torn off...has anyone discovered a way to clamp on or thread on some sort of valve or seal that can be opened easy for "in the field" access?

Thanks

I have seen "replacement" caps somewhere. I swear I have. However, I have been unable to find them. If you run across something feel free to share the find. Lol.

bcannon87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    East Texas
    That wasnt what I was picturin, but it looks like it would work just fine...thanks man!

I still think a spigot type valve would be good/better too for filling larger cups, or rinsing hands/dishes etc....

If I see anything like a Spigot I will let ya know. You might be able to pull one off of a "Football Type" Igloo cooler and drill a hole in the water bottle and JB weld it in place or something of the like.

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Ive been searching all the options too gents...seems plastic "seal" caps are all of the damn place but ya need a sealing machine and then theyre still, um "sealed"....id like something I can screw or snap on the mouth and have it open like a faucet/spigot....i did see some pics with the "flip up style" type valves and the sports style coolers which could be easily drilled and sealed into the side but Id still need a way to get the seal off the top every time to refill it....
    Seems thered be better options out there for this already...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    CHeck Walmart. They have a machine to fill the bottle, and I think they have some sort of cap for them.

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Thanks guys....a colleague reports he's used the EZ-Load type plugs that have ball valve type stop in them....would be as simple as snapping on the ez-load cap and finding a piece of hose that went thru the opening to push the ball up, thus keeping the water flowing, and just put a stopcock of sorts on the end of the hose...Im gonna check them out. They come up alot in a google search of "5 gal bottle caps"

Top Bottom