ARJ Defense ad

Can I use deadly force if I am being jumped by 3 unarmed guys?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Just as the question states.

Basically, the other night my girlfriend was groped by a guy.

I confronted him, told him he needed to apologize since he thought it was a joke, at which point him and 2 buddies were about a second away from jumping me since I was at his house. I know if this was a random street mugging I would be a little more justified, but I think doing anything gun related would've got me sent to jail.

I know this isn't a legal forum, and i'm not asking for 100% accurate legal advice but any kind of comments would help. It's a messed up situation and i'm still pissed. I would think any DA would say "Well you should've called the cops after she was harassed instead of taking it into your own hands"....

Rather than resort to force, it would be prudent to decide whose house you visited with your GF in the first place.

Choose your friends carefully.

Be well.

high_lander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Denton County, TX
    I would say you would be justified in pulling your piece if you left the party/area (De-escalation) and they followed and continued to threaten you. The questions you need to answer are: 1. are you in fear of your life? 2. are you in fear of you gf life? 3. Did you try to de-escalate? 4. Did they all threaten you with GBH?

Remember your use of force section. Use of deadly force can be justified due to defend yourself from deadly force or GBH to you or someone else.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Blue 42, blue 42..... pile jump....

1) Leave the situation and ASK YOUR GIRLFRIEND if she wants to call the police.
    2) Get new friends and stop going to High School parties
    3) Get your GF some self defense training so she can be self-reliant

Also, you can't hit him and call the police. So you can replace 1) with "Backhand the offender Rick James style and leave the situation", but you would not be able to call the police.

Maybe it's an age thing but I couldn't imagine such a thing happening at any place my wife and I would go. Also, my wife would have "Rick James'ed" him herself. Self defense isn't just about guns. You need to be comfortable in your decision making and with using alternatives to your weapon if you have to fight. If you're not then I'd buy training before I bought more guns/ammo. Just my 2 cents.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I posted a couple of times and had a chance to mull it over. I think I got the answer!

At an Awards presentation, Jamie Lee Curtis was receiving her award when the presenter reached over and grabbed her Hooter. Hell, she never hesitated for one second, reached over and grabbed his "package!" Situation handled......all on live TV! I'll bet no one "gropes" her again! In your case, his buddies would razz his ass into the ground and you could walk away like King of the World!

Edit note: I found it......she was receiving her award on stage when the guy put his hand on her Hooter. She grabbed him by the balls! Tony Curtis, her Dad was in the crowd and stood up to applaud her! What a class act. Yes.....there were other instances but Jamie Lee was the first one I saw on live TV.

Flash

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I posted a couple of times and had a chance to mull it over. I think I got the answer!

At an Academy Awards presentation, Jamie Lee Curtis was co-presenting with a male comedian whose name escapes me. He reached over and grabbed her Hooter. Hell, she never hesitated for one second, reached over and grabbed his "package!" Situation handled......all on live TV! I'll bet no one "gropes" her again! In your case, his buddies would razz his ass into the ground and you could walk away like King of the World!

Flash

Actually it was Justin Timberlake & Mila Kunis, & it was staged (I think, lol)....

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That definitely was first, but we are both right.....

[video]http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/06/06/mila-kunis-justin-timberlake/[/video]

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Technically that is sexual assault and if convicted they would have to register as a sex offender. The supreme court ruled years ago that grabbing a woman's butt is sexual assault. Hard part is getting DA to prosecute.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    The next best thing is to play with his livelihood. Sneak some drugs in his vehicle and make an anonymous phone call to the police. That would be funny.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    The next best thing is to play with his livelihood. Sneak some drugs in his vehicle and make an anonymous phone call to the police. That would be funny.
    So, you have some drugs handy or a known source and are willing to purchase, travel with and then "plant" those drugs putting yourself at risk of getting busted for revenge?

What next poison his dog?

Top Bottom