• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    For 25 years we have camped in the primitive camp grounds, doing the tent and shower bag thing, often for 2 weeks at a time. By far our favorite is Paleface/Pacebend at Lake Travis.

This past week we went and bought a pop up camper(with a slide out) A/C, Fridge, Stove, waterheater and outdoor shower. Camping in high cotton!!

This weekend we are going to make a one night stay out at the state park in Galveston. Daughter is home from school for her last week and wants to hit the beach one last time before heading back to Lubbock. Then we are going to do a last minute camping trip for Labor Day. Not sure where yet.

What is your favorite camp spot in Texas, with hook ups? I want to make me up a list and start hitting them up on weekends.
    Guns International

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I've always loved going out to Goose Island near Three Rivers, right on the lake with great catfishing. Lake Corpus Christi, Choke Canyon, been to a lot of places throughout Texas with family and the boy scouts.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    My in-laws do a trip every year at Lake Amistad. We get the same secluded spot with a large covered area and a pier. It's hot as hell so I usually spend most of the time in the water. I'll jump in a tube and get in the middle of the cove and drop an anchor. We all tie off and drink ourselves silly.

On the rough mornings I hit the saline solution IV tent.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    My in-laws do a trip every year at Lake Amistad. We get the same secluded spot with a large covered area and a pier. It's hot as hell so I usually spend most of the time in the water. I'll jump in a tube and get in the middle of the cove and drop an anchor. We all tie off and drink ourselves silly.

On the rough mornings I hit the saline solution IV tent.
    I'm the one cooking breakfast with the salt shaker in his mouth.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    I know more of you camp than what responded. Don't be holding out!! Give up that honey hole......

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Not sure if these state parks have your fancy shmancy hook ups

Inks Lake
    Lake Austin
    Brazos Bend
    Martin Dies Jr

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I'm going to try to dig up some pics of our spots. Apparently that means I have to make individual posts.

Pedernales Falls State Park is our current favorite.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344832109.839951.jpg

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Used to be a ranch out towards Medina Lake that charged $5 a head. Crazy old guy ran the place, and didn't want the directions posted online, so he always made us promise to keep them to ourselves. Then one day I drove out there and he had posted a big sign saying he was done. Too bad, really. Great rock climbing out there, and crystal clear water.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344832860.156920.jpg

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Colorado bend state park. Nice spot along the river. Has some hiking, a lot of shade and a swimming hole.

Shhh, it won't be as quiet if you tell the whole Internet! Seriously though, y'all owe it to yourselves to check CBSP out. It's usually pretty dead, and the hikes are really nice. I've never been there when it wasn't cold, so I can comment on the swimming, but there's definitely water.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344833314.784126.gif

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Used to be a ranch out towards Medina Lake that charged $5 a head. Crazy old guy ran the place, and didn't want the directions posted online, so he always made us promise to keep them to ourselves. Then one day I drove out there and he had posted a big sign saying he was done. Too bad, really. Great rock climbing out there, and crystal clear water.

View attachment 15227
    The photos didn't show up last time I looked. That is cool looking.

chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    Gila Wilderness, New Mexico. :p

I don't like camping in campgrounds, and haven't found anything worth looking at in Texas.
    Labor Day will be our first "campground" experience as a family weekend.. If is just sucks, we may have to look into primitive sites that allow the use of my generator at night.

I use to work a ranch in Colorado and lived in a cab over camper @ the Spanish Peaks KOA Camp. That was the life. Step out the camper, chunk a line in the water and have Rainbow Trout for dinner...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hrrquest1000
    Top Bottom