Byrna - Anyone have firsthand experience?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    So the radio guy has been plugging this non-lethal self-defense option the last couple of weeks. After checking out the web site, I am at least a little interested. I think if I lived in an apartment it might fit the bill. Anyone have this, or know someone who does?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Seems like a great way to piss an attacker off. Also, same cost as a firearm, 5-7 round capacity, and can potentially be shrugged off by someone who's either psychotic, on meth/PCP, or just plain determined. I suppose it would be a viable option for someone who is just absolutely unwilling to risk killing in self defense, but...again, there are many risks to someone trusting it.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    LTL is only useful if you have an immediately available "lethal" backup plan.

If you plan on using or carrying a pepperball gun or pepper spray, you're going to want to expose yourself so you know what to expect when you inadvertently breath it in.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If this is the same company I'm thinking of, they're just rebranded paintball pistols. You can get the original versions for quite a bit cheaper.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Maybe it's good if you can't own a gun. You should probably have a bat, sword, spear, or something else handy for backup after you make them angry.
    I do not think this will work well on druggies

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    <>

I have traveled the World with a solid wood walking cane, a pulsing strobe tac-light, and an Acme Thunderer police-style whistle.

TSA “OK” and a helluva lot better than nothing.

leVieux

<>

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    <>

I have traveled the World with a solid wood walking cane, a pulsing strobe tac-light, and an Acme Thunderer police-style whistle.

TSA “OK” and a helluva lot better than nothing.

leVieux

<>
    I can't argue with that.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Seems like a great way to piss an attacker off. Also, same cost as a firearm, 5-7 round capacity, and can potentially be shrugged off by someone who's either psychotic, on meth/PCP, or just plain determined. I suppose it would be a viable option for someone who is just absolutely unwilling to risk killing in self defense, but...again, there are many risks to someone trusting it.
    Valid points. You could come up with a similar list for the use of a 9mm semiautomatic pistol.
    And I think many have the wrong idea about why this interests me. My goals for home defense are STOP THE THREAT and KEEP ALL OTHERS SAFE. If that means killing a murderous drug-addled attacker, I do have firearms and am willing to use them. There are risks here, as well. I need to maintain proficiency and a stray bullet, ricochet, etc. could cause harm to others in the house. Luckily, we don't have a risk to neighbors problem, but some do.
    Anyway, that was my thought process...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Something to consider.
    If I have a gun myself, even if I had no plan to draw or shoot it, if you point one of those at me or even have it in your hand and present a threat, day or night, now I am going to try to kill you before you get me.
    I am not going to stop and try to figure out what it is. If it's lethal or a toy. I am not going to run at the mear sight of it. I can't outrun whatever it shoots. I am going to act. I am going to attack. Either physically or with a firearm of my own.
    If you are going to threaten someone with something that looks lethal, lethal things can happen.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    The two shot Kimber is a lot cheaper and if two doesn't do the job you're switching to something more lethal.

Rubber bullets, bean bags, rock salt are all cheaper (and maybe more effective) less lethal options.

Top Bottom