• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Wheres a good online site to buy this press? Ive always bought from midway usa but, they have the press at 406.99. Ive seen midsouth shooters supply at 379 I havent bought from them before and others at a lower price.
    Lynx Defense

RogerEMT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Ive really been wanting one but cant talk myself into it because of the powder dispensers. They measure by volume and not by weight which means they are probably inconsistent. If you buy it or anyone else has this press, how accurate is the powder drop? .1? .5 grains? Let me know. Its the only reason I have not bought one.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    All presses measure powder by volume. It's up to you to weigh the powder and adjust your powder bar volume accordingly.

I can't speak on this press, but the feed on my Dillon is holding .1 grain. A variation of .5 would be way too wide.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Ive really been wanting one but cant talk myself into it because of the powder dispensers. They measure by volume and not by weight which means they are probably inconsistent. If you buy it or anyone else has this press, how accurate is the powder drop? .1? .5 grains? Let me know. Its the only reason I have not bought one.

+1 to MSage

Using the right powder funnel setup is key. You get large variations on either really small throws or really big ones, so you need to change out components to match (ie. .25 ACP, Big Mags, etc.).

As far as accurate powder measuring goes ... there's nothing that says you have to use the powder funnel in the process. We've hand measured all of the rifle loads to ensure accuracy.

If you are going for pure accuracy from a rifle, I would get an RCBS Rock-Chucker single stage and utilize that. The dies are locked in a fixed head so you don't have any concentricity issues that might come up as a result of a tool head like on the Dillon progressives, and powder measuring is going to be done by hand anyways. Not saying you can't load extremely accurate stuff on the progressive ... I just find it much easier to be consistent and focused with the single stage. If I'm hammering out stuff to just go bang, give me my Dillon 650.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Success!!!! The thing that is eatting me is the $33 tax I had to pay! Next time im buying through midway and save $5. Also, they had limited stock on shell plates. So Midway USA here I come.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

Mine is +/- 0.1 grains with most being pretty spot on.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Well here it is!

Photo0194..jpg

RogerEMT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Beautiful... Did you feel like you were running through a field of daisies with trumpets in the background when you carried it to the register? LOL

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I switched the powder dropper on mine with my RCBS dropper. That helped keep the charges more accurate, and for handguns either are plenty consistent. I use a Chargemaster for my accurate rifle ammo, but for plinking, a dumper works just fine. I load mid range charges, so a little up or down doesn't hurt anything. If I load top end, like for my 500 magnum, I use the LnL AP and pull charges from my Chargemaster. That still saves a lot of time over a single stage press.

Don

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    East Texas
    Nice press...I don't have one of them...I have been thinking about it but every time I look, they have gone up several dollars...I should have bought one last year..!!
    But I guess I have enough presses now...But always can use another :-)

Don

Top Bottom