Guns International

Buy something at Starbucks this Saturday August 24!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    They're back! A group of wacko anti gunners are trying again to get Starbucks to stop its policy of complying with local laws pertaining to guns. Their "Skip Starbucks Saturday" (Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense In America To Hold First "Skip Starbucks Saturday" This Weekend | SYS-CON MEDIA) is intended to make Starbucks ban guns. The last time the anti gunners tried this, Tom Gresham suggested gun owners go to Starbucks and buy something, making it clear that they appreciate Starbucks following the law. As it turned out, most of the Starbucks were unaware a boycott was going on, as they hadn't noticed it.

I usually buy Starbucks coffee beans at Kroger, but I can go to Starbucks this Saturday for my beans.
    Lynx Defense

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    "The day is in reaction to the ongoing armed rallies being held by gun advocates at Starbucks across the country"

Funny, this is the first I'm hearing of these "armed rallies" at Starbucks.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "The day is in reaction to the ongoing armed rallies being held by gun advocates at Starbucks across the country"

Funny, this is the first I'm hearing of these "armed rallies" at Starbucks.

Maybe rallies is not the right word to use. Here in Las Vegas, where open carry is legal, many gun owners frequent our local Starbucks while carrying. Several of the local gun forums keep members informed concerning any "anti" Starbucks flaps that occur because they ARE gun friendly. Yes, there are the "eyeballs" hanging out by some of the customers when they see guns but the employees don't even blink when someone open carrying walks in.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    In other words, this group takes issue with Starbucks respecting the local laws regarding CC/OC, and with people exercising their legal right to do so, despite the fact that neither policy is doing anyone any harm.

Nope, nothing new to see here. Might be enough to get me to try Starbucks coffee though. And I hate coffee.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    If we lose our right to keep and bear arms, at least part of the credit for that will belong to the gun owners who insist on scaring people with open carry. Every time they cause some one to react by getting "in their face" with exposed guns, they generate another vote for more gun control.

dvmpiper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Terrell, Tx
    In other words, this group takes issue with Starbucks respecting the local laws regarding CC/OC, and with people exercising their legal right to do so, despite the fact that neither policy is doing anyone any harm.

Nope, nothing new to see here. Might be enough to get me to try Starbucks coffee though. And I hate coffee.

They got more than coffee! I'll swing by and get a cup of joe on the way to work.

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    These people are nuts. Gun rallies at a Starbucks? I see Bible studies there still the time, never a gun rally.

Sent using secret alien tech....

CitizenSeven

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Dallas
    If we lose our right to keep and bear arms, at least part of the credit for that will belong to the gun owners who insist on scaring people with open carry. Every time they cause some one to react by getting "in their face" with exposed guns, they generate another vote for more gun control.

I understand this view, and I'm sure there's some merit to it, but perhaps another way to look at it is by analogy with the civil rights movement. "If we lose access to public transportation, at least part of the credit for that will belong to the blacks who insist on scaring people by sitting in the front of the bus." This is a rights issue, 2A vs Civil, but the principle is the same: rights are being abrogated by social convention, and otherwise illegal and unconstitutional laws are being passed to enforce these social conventions. I don't think hiding and getting along to go along are viable strategies to maintain rights in either case.

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    Hmmm, methinks a Venti Vanilla bean frappiccino with a tripple shot is in order Saturday afternoon to beat the heat!!! I will tell the clerk there, that I am there to show support against the 'boycot' crowd, and for their policy.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Don't care for their coffee but I'll stop in and get a giant cup. Then I'll be wired for the day and posting a ton of crap lol.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    I understand this view, and I'm sure there's some merit to it, but perhaps another way to look at it is by analogy with the civil rights movement. "If we lose access to public transportation, at least part of the credit for that will belong to the blacks who insist on scaring people by sitting in the front of the bus." This is a rights issue, 2A vs Civil, but the principle is the same: rights are being abrogated by social convention, and otherwise illegal and unconstitutional laws are being passed to enforce these social conventions. I don't think hiding and getting along to go along are viable strategies to maintain rights in either case.

You said it much more eloquently than I would.

I only hide my gun because the current law says I have to.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    They're back! A group of wacko anti gunners are trying again to get Starbucks to stop its policy of complying with local laws pertaining to guns. Their "Skip Starbucks Saturday" (Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense In America To Hold First "Skip Starbucks Saturday" This Weekend | SYS-CON MEDIA) is intended to make Starbucks ban guns. The last time the anti gunners tried this, Tom Gresham suggested gun owners go to Starbucks and buy something, making it clear that they appreciate Starbucks following the law. As it turned out, most of the Starbucks were unaware a boycott was going on, as they hadn't noticed it.

I usually buy Starbucks coffee beans at Kroger, but I can go to Starbucks this Saturday for my beans.

I'm all in. Starbucks coffee this Sat.!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    "Gun Sense" huh? These idiots have no idea what the term actually means. Fear of guns, banning guns, and irrational attitudes toward guns are as far from "gun sense" as you can get.

Following the four rules, respecting the firearm, and hitting your target are the gun sense I was taught.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    OK. I'll give you that. At the risk of derailing my own thread, I think the civil rights movement was a matter of timing. The liberal thinkers of my generation (I was not one...too busy in Vietnam to be anti-war and equal rights) jumped on civil rights. Otherwise, it might not have happened. And indeed, a lot of people think it went too far--people who lose out on jobs, promotions, college entry, and other rewards they have earned and then lost due to minority quotas. But I digress. My fear is that the time could be right for gun control to happen beyond our wildest nightmares.

The "sheeple" are so easily influenced by the left's scare tactics that even a little push into their space by "gun-nuts" will push them to the other side of neutral. I prefer a softer argument. "Isn't it a shame that 88 year old WWII veteran Shorty Belton was beaten to death by two black thugs 16 and 19 years old? If only he had been armed, he might have had a chance."

In any case, I'm going to Starbucks in the am and say thanks for following the law.

Top Bottom