• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cartridgechemist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2023
    Houston, TX
    Do any of you guys know of a website I could use to figure out what some of my bullets are? Most are .224. I have a bunch of mixed bullets and do not know a way to look them up. All different grain weights and composed of different metals. Not sure is they are barnes varmit, hornady, nosler? Any help in the right direction so I can do some research, would be much appreciated. Thanks
    ARJ Defense ad

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Do any of you guys know of a website I could use to figure out what some of my bullets are? Most are .224. I have a bunch of mixed bullets and do not know a way to look them up. All different grain weights and composed of different metals. Not sure is they are barnes varmit, hornady, nosler? Any help in the right direction so I can do some research, would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Easy thing to do is get a scale and calipers. Done.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    What is it that you want to know? You have the diameter and weight, so you can determine what caliber it is and look up loading data with the weight. Just looking at it will tell you if it is jacketed, hollowpoint, ballistic tipped, and/or boat tailed. Again, you should be able to determine loading data from that.

If you're trying to figure out the manufacturer, that could prove to be very difficult unless you compare it directly with one of their bullets, or perhaps a really good picture of one of their bullets. You could look on some manufacturer's product sites, but if these are pull-downs, they could be made by literally anyone.

cartridgechemist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2023
    Houston, TX
    That narrows it down. What approximate diameter? Any paint markings or remanants on the tips? OTM or just FMJ?
    all OTM. The ones I can't figure out are 69, 68, 70, 42, 52, & 50. 68 grain and above are BT. 52 and below are FB. Some are cann and some are not. I will have to use caliper to get length. All are .224

Top Bottom