• ...and so much more!
  • tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    The Army and Marines do not issue TA11 or 44. Trijicon general slick sheet doesn’t mean all ACOGs are military issue.

How many TA11s and TA44s did you use in the service?

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The Army and Marines do not issue TA11 or 44. Trijicon general slick sheet doesn’t mean all ACOGs are military issue.

How many TA11s and TA44s did you use in the service?
    The ta11 literally has 9 NSN's do you want them?

Here

Screenshot_20240210_174227_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240210_174234_Chrome.jpg

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    You can get an NSN for an acorn if you really wanted to.
    Since we going to MG, the primary sight issue for 240s and SAWs was an Elcan M145. I'll concede the army bought some trijicon, but the Leathernecks' primary for MGs was the 6x Trijicon with a 1" eyerelief. How does any of that have to do with what homie wants for his LARP adventures? Pretty much nothing.

So broadening the question, how many ACOGs did you use in the service?

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    You can get an NSN for an acorn if you really wanted to.
    Since we going to MG, the primary sight issue for 240s and SAWs was an Elcan M145. I'll concede the army bought some trijicon, but the Leathernecks' primary for MGs was the 6x Trijicon with a 1" eyerelief. How does any of that have to do with what homie wants for his LARP adventures? Pretty much nothing.

So broadening the question, how many ACOGs did you use in the service?

If he's larping to the point where the difference between the TA11 vs TA31 matters, he's going to be hogging out the lower with a dremel and adding the third hole.

If larping really matters, its not too hard to find pictorial evidence to backup whatever the hell you want. Want a Thompson grip on your rifle? Have at it!

post-236455-0-56134800-1579027722.jpeg
    download (35).jpeg

And for the record, i haven't used any acogs in the military, nor have i claimed to. But perhaps you can now answer my question, whats the point you're trying to make? Have you personally inspected every single acog in the military to ensure it was a TA31 or TA01?

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    If he's larping to the point where the difference between the TA11 vs TA31 matters, he's going to be hogging out the lower with a dremel and adding the third hole.

If larping really matters, its not too hard to find pictorial evidence to backup whatever the hell you want. Want a Thompson grip on your rifle? Have at it!

View attachment 433510 View attachment 433511

And for the record, i haven't used any acogs in the military, nor have i claimed to. But perhaps you can now answer my question, whats the point you're trying to make?
    Your answer is silly and you're obfuscating and trying to distract. I though you were an expert and had real world experience but it's apparent that you just google info but have no knowledge or real world use. That's cool though. Go read Optics for Dummies. It's a great book and highly recommended.
    Have you personally inspected every single acog in the military was a TA31 or TA01?
    No, but I have used the living crap out of both models and the SU230. For years. For MGs I've used the M145 MGO that is still issued by the Army...SEE HERE:

I don't see a Trijicon 3.5 anywhere.

We also had the Trijicon 6X. I don't know if it has a name, just 6x48. Those went on 240s.

Now I'll just go on and pretend you're aren't real and try to stick to the topic of a good optic for homie's new M4, but I know you won't be able to contain yourself.
    DDG has a better search engine for gun stuff and Army pictures, but Brave is best.

Last edited:

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Your answer is silly and you're obfuscating and trying to distract. I though you were an expert and had real world experience but it's apparent that you just google info but have no knowledge or real world use. That's cool though. Go read Optics for Dummies. It's a great book and highly recommended.

No, but I have used the living crap out of both models and the SU230. For years. For MGs I've used the M145 MGO that is still issued by the Army...SEE HERE:

I don't see a Trijicon 3.5 anywhere.

We also had the Trijicon 6X. I don't know if it has a name, just 6x48. Those went on 240s.

Now I'll just go on and pretend you're aren't real and try to stick to the topic of a good optic for homie's new M4.

My answer is silly and trying to obfuscate? Nice try but thats what you've been doing. You don't need military experience to hold a surplus .mil TA11 from midway USA in your hands to know that "all military prism optics have short eye relief" is wrong.

Anyone who has done any research into cloning rifles, or historical research into modifications of standard issue firearms understands one thing above all else

"Never say never"

A PEO Soldier link means nothing, because there's plenty of optics, stocks, grips, hell even entire uppers that saw use during the entire 20+ years of the GWOT that weren't authorized, that weren’t shown on some SOPMOD PowerPoint, but we still have plenty of pictures that prove it.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Congrats on the colt I have a m4 socom upper different lower they’re dang great. Mine really likes Iaac 77gr otm match I average about 1.2in group with that stuff heck even Tula is around 2in.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    My only colt AR is a CRE-16 I bought from a member here a few years ago. Sadly I think the plant where it was from in Breckenridge is already shut down. A great rifle that doesn't get the trigger time it deserves. Love that it was born in Texas. Just to keep it native I'll probably drop a flat cmc trigger in it soon and knock the dust off it.

Congrats on yours Trey. You're always buying badass shit I wish I had. Lol

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Getting ready to go zero. As yall can tell I have pretty much abandoned the clone thing. Some stuff is correct some is not. Forget it. I'll call it Block 1.5-ish. It will likely end up being a primary HD.

The Eotech will likely end up somewhere else, but overall with the Larue trigger, Giessle charging handle and some furniture swapping I'm digging it.. Need to get light for it.
    20240217_084152.jpg

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    Just got one of my “trump specials“ out of the vault. These were part of an order placed by Mexico before trump ran the first time, when he said he would make mex pay for the wall. When he was elected, they cancelled the order, but apparently had to to prepay quite a bit bit up front, Colt released them and I was able to pick some up for less than a PSA blue light special! Note the Mexico stamp. Gonna set it up as one of my pig guns. Came with a deployment kit. I can’t wait to put her to work!

Attachments

• IMG_2559.jpeg
      IMG_2559.jpeg
      319 KB · Views: 20

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    Just got one of my “trump specials“ out of the vault. These were part of an order placed by Mexico before trump ran the first time, when he said he would make mex pay for the wall. When he was elected, they cancelled the order, but apparently had to to prepay quite a bit bit up front, Colt released them and I was able to pick some up for less than a PSA blue light special! Note the Mexico stamp. Gonna set it up as one of my pig guns. Came with a deployment kit. I can’t wait to put her to work!
    Very cool

Top Bottom