• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Damn. Some of y'all are harsh. What's the saying about if you don't have anything nice to say... The thread isn't about EV's - there's plenty of them on here. Congratulate the man, tell him good luck, etc. and post the anti-EV stuff elsewhere. It's not like he bought a Tarus or something.
    ARJ Defense ad

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    This post has been a waste from the start and EVs shouldn't even be allowed in the automotive forum. Vehicles have engines Sewing machines have motors.

proof me wrong
    Motors generate motion.

Engines are motors.

Motorized vehicles is the term that Texas Transportation Code uses as the overarching term for cars, trucks, MOTORcycles etc...

;)

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    This post has been a waste from the start and EVs shouldn't even be allowed in the automotive forum. Vehicles have engines Sewing machines have motors.

proof me wrong

"Engine" is a generic term for "device that gets work done". Early mechanical calculators were referred to as "difference engines". Catapults, trebuchets and battering rams are types of siege engines...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Damn. Some of y'all are harsh. What's the saying about if you don't have anything nice to say... The thread isn't about EV's - there's plenty of them on here. Congratulate the man, tell him good luck, etc. and post the anti-EV stuff elsewhere. It's not like he bought a Tarus or something.
    I did say grats before slagging off EVs...

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I expect probably most EV owners are not in it for the long haul. They drive it for a few years then trade. With that kind of battery replacement cost, I expect an 8 yo Tesla with the original battery to be close to scrap value on the used car market as more and more of these cars come of age.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    Even with that new pricey Ford pickup truck, half of the Ford dealers have opt-ed out of selling anything electric.
    Factory requires large expenditures by the dealer in order to sell and maintain them.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Even with that new pricey Ford pickup truck, half of the Ford dealers have opt-ed out of selling anything electric.
    Factory requires large expenditures by the dealer in order to sell and maintain them.
    Half of the Buick dealers in America just accepted a buyout of their dealerships from GM. They refused to abide by the EV requirements, pointing out that EV's just are not selling. They will not make the investment just to have EV's gathering dust on their lot.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Half of the Buick dealers in America just accepted a buyout of their dealerships from GM. They refused to abide by the EV requirements, pointing out that EV's just are not selling. They will not make the investment just to have EV's gathering dust on their lot.
    Possibly they have considered most of the public doesn't want them!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    They should be good for sales. But two - one to drive while the other is on the charger!

Top Bottom