• ...and so much more!
  • SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    No no no! You can't just say "found" and leave it like that! What'd you get?!?
    Haha! Oops!! BNIB Ruger American, threaded barrel. Very pleased, action feels smooth. Now, need some glass.

87b1c939b8933ca725c48fdd852e93bd.jpg

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Also, if anyone is interested, the cheek rest is adjustable, made by Bradley Cheek Rest. I own three and really like their adaptability.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Bought that same rifle for my son's deer rifle. It's great.

Thanks for the lead on the stock cheek pad. I put some foam padding under an elastic band, it worked but is fugly.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Bought that same rifle for my son's deer rifle. It's great.

Thanks for the lead on the stock cheek pad. I put some foam padding under an elastic band, it worked but is fugly.

Cool! My purpose too, for such a rifle was to use as a deer gitter.

Any insight about an optic? I've always used red dots for my x39's... short range blasters. With this rifle, inside of 300 yards would be my target area. Thanks!

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston

Any insight about an optic? I've always used red dots for my x39's... short range blasters. With this rifle, inside of 300 yards would be my target area. Thanks!
    I'll be honest, one of my shortcoming is spending money on optics.
    I'll buy a gun without batting an eyelash, but it will sit in my gun safe without an optic for years. I struggle forking out the $$$.
    Last year my I slapped an SWFA 10x on top. It's such a small gun the scope looked huge. My son liked it, and could hit at 100yds easy.

This year a co-worker gave me a good price on a smaller Primary arms 1-6 scope.

My son dosent like it yet, we will be shooting it this weekend preparing for a youth hunt in January.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I like the magazine option of the rifle but it does lock the bolt open on an empty mag.
    I shaved the tit off that locks the bolt open so if I choose to I can controll the ammo and single load rounds easier.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I like the magazine option of the rifle but it does lock the bolt open on an empty mag.
    I shaved the tit off that locks the bolt open so if I choose to I can controll the ammo and single load rounds easier.

Appreciate the tip!

I hear ya on the optics. Never spent more than a couple hundred (except once for a family deal on a nice vortex).

Primary Arms has that x39/300 BO ACSS for just under $300... not sure what I'd gain compared to just doing in a vortex for less or near the same amount. Is the PA glass clear in your view? (pun intended haha)

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    That's the PA scope I got.
    Not as clear as the Vortex strike eagle, which was what I wanted to get but I got a deal on the PA.

One day I'll put the PA on a different 300BO rifle and get the strike eagle.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area

You can find a half decent 3-9x40 for less than $200. Vortex and Athlon are not bad scopes. I was going to put a Burris FullField on it but never got around to it.. Nikons have been on sale...although long term support is not there anymore. You might check with Doug at CameraLand NY. He is a supporter on several forums like rimfire central, pistolsmiths, and others. He makes good deals for group members.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    You can find a half decent 3-9x40 for less than $200. Vortex and Athlon are not bad scopes. I was going to put a Burris FullField on it but never got around to it.. Nikons have been on sale...although long term support is not there anymore. You might check with Doug at CameraLand NY. He is a supporter on several forums like rimfire central, pistolsmiths, and others. He makes good deals for group members.
    If there's nothing really exciting about the PA, I'd enjoy saving a $100 or so with a solid piece of glass. This is a short range rifle so I will try to place a commensurate level optic on top.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    That's the PA scope I got.
    Not as clear as the Vortex strike eagle, which was what I wanted to get but I got a deal on the PA.

One day I'll put the PA on a different 300BO rifle and get the strike eagle.

I hear mixed reviews of the strike eagles. They are abundant, however... Granted, of the handful of vortexes (vortices haha!) I own, none disappoint me.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Thank you sir! Gotta replace all my AR's sitting at the bottom of Lake Ponchatrain. Still reeling from the tragedy of that horrific boating accident.

Top Bottom