• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    They did this in Miami last year too, as well as in other cities. Desensitize the population, and they won't care when it really begins to matter.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Blanks indeed. No blacks were harmed in the making of that video.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Blanks indeed. No blacks were harmed in the making of that video.

That's a little scary. Why would they be doing that?

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    You know, I've really wondered about the downtown training ops that's been going on for a while. I don't have a military background, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't logic dictate that you would only do training like that if you are planning for a mission, or anticipating the need to carry out operations like that unexpectedly? And the fact that they were firing blanks today? WTF Is that about? You can debate why they may need to do air drills with deploy and extraction exercises, but why the heck would they be firing in our own cities? That is some scary and downright ridiculous crap.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I did mean blanks. And when i was in and we wanted training like that we had cities built out at our aerial gunnerys to practice we didnt hold practice ops in actual cities.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    This is way off course but here it goes. What if the government knew of some sort of event was going to happen that was going to cause mass panic or kaos but has decided to keep it quiet as long as possible to avoid a total shutdown of our infrastructure...ie comet, solar flare, terrorist bio attack etc.. Just thinking outside the box.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    This is way off course but here it goes. What if the government knew of some sort of event was going to happen that was going to cause mass panic or kaos but has decided to keep it quiet as long as possible to avoid a total shutdown of our infrastructure...ie comet, solar flare, terrorist bio attack etc.. Just thinking outside the box.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

Alex? Is that you? Dude, what's a famous radio show host like you doing on here? ;) just kidding.

I've actually wondered the same type of thing. With a lot of these exercises being in the financial districts of the cities, I've always just figured they're running drills on how to rescue the big wigs of the banks when the dollar becomes as worthless as the Peso. :-p

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I've actually wondered the same type of thing. With a lot of these exercises being in the financial districts of the cities, I've always just figured they're running drills on how to rescue the big wigs of the banks when the dollar becomes as worthless as the Peso. :-p
    I dunno about the other cities, but I can assure you that there are no bigwigs in the south side of Houston. It's almost as crime-ridden as Katrinaville on the SW side.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hah, wouldn't have been surprised if someone heard it and then shouted "WOLVERINES", then promptly returning fire.

wolverinesthoughtabouti.jpg

We have the Red Flag exercises flying out of Nellis here in Las Vegas but they don't fly over the city firing anything. They head up north to the Tonopah Test Range and do all their shooting, Mach 1+ flying and other training up there -- in the middle of Hell and nowhere. Fun to watch all the aircraft "doing their thing," especially when it includes the foreign aircraft of the NATO countries and even more so when they're below 500 feet AGL. Watching a B-1B making a turn at that altitude is "impressive" to say the least.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom