• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I find it offensive that appealing to probably half or a third of the human population of Texas is "pandering."

Complete and utter bullshit. I do not find anything appealing about him pretending to be something he isn't. I don't like his stance on nearly every issue as it is. This just ices the cake and makes me want to run him out on a rail.

He might as well be telling us "Hey look you stupid brown people, I'm one of you." Leftist racism from whites under the guise of being the most wise is some of the most odious and offensive there is.

Last edited:

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I like my Scottish flag sometimes, too... nothing wrong with liking your heritage. Did you like the movie Braveheart? Wasn't Cinco De Mayo about beating the French for their freedom? I mean... you gonna hate on the Irish on St. Patrick's Day, too?

But you're not here illegally, sporting a kilt to work, but MOST importantly , not destoying my way of life.( Except supporting those who are.)

Reactions: MTA

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If it was legal to hire them, yeah, I could put a few to work on a ranch, help them get back on their feet. No, I don't hire around the law, but I still think the law is wrong and should be able to hire anyone I choose to - which used to be common here in Texas.

That's hyperbole, and at least partially false. It's not an unlimited mount of people crossing the border, and the majority of them want to come to the US because of what they think it stands for, so I reject that premise. A nation that allows for strangers but is very tight about enforcing the laws on them equally as it does it's own citizens shouldn't have a big problem.

The problem with the European version is that they change or ignore real, moral, well-grounded laws to let them do whatever, and of course the Muslim religion is a huge part of that. They have a different standard of right and wrong. If a Muslim came into Israel in reference to the verses about strangers I posted, they would have a big problem in obeying the first of the ten commandments about "no other Gods before me" which would have put them at serious odds with the authorities and caused expulsion.

If a person comes to the country, they are expected to adapt. Plenty of the Hispanics I know have adapted in every way.

You are totally evading the point. My post had nothing to do with the legality of hiring aliens. You could not take on 100 people in your home, to live with you and support.

The number of people who would enter this country if there were no restrictions would be huge and more than the USA could support.

And you are wrong with regard to assimilation of immigrants. For many decades, immigrants did want to assimilate. They bought into the American ideals and wanted to become Americans. This is too seldom the case with today's immigrants. Now, too many just look at the U.S. as an ATM machine. They are not assimilating. Just look at how much Spanish you hear spoken now (and other languages as well), as merely one indicator.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I think guys like Beto could be beat, but if Hispanics like my neighbors actually sense racism, they will vote for someone they believe fundamentally accepts their humanity. Many of them will likely vote for him even though they are supposedly "pro-life" Catholics... There needs to be a shift in how the Republican Party thinks.

If they came here legally, they would see immigration like anyone else that has come here legally & waited.
    All the people i've spoke to that have come to the US legally say "it pisses them off to see people just let in to the country like waving a magic wand", when they had to do it the right way

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Comparing my Hispanic and black neighbors to that is eminently wrong.

Rhino,

I'm against EVERYONE who believes that VIOLATING the laws against ILLEGAL ENTRY into the USA & TEXAS is perfectly OK.

Btw, Cinco de Mayo is NOT actually celebrated in Mexico. = Many more Texicans celebrate it with copious quantities of tequila/beer/Tex-Mex food than 99% of Mexicans do. = Texicans always are ready for a PARTY, for any or no reason whatever. - The Commanding General of the Mexican forces, that defeated Maximillian's French troops, was born/raised in Gonzales, TX, btw.
    (My adopted daughter was born, spent her early girlhood in Acapulco & got her undergraduate degree from a RC girl's college in Mexico City. = She knew ZILCH about Cinco de Mayo when she came her & we adopted her long ago.)

yours, satx

ScorpionHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    Beto O’Rourke is one of the wealthiest members of Congress. He made some money from land deals in El Paso when he was on the city council. From what I’ve read, they involved eminent domain and a “revitalization” project in El Paso. His father in law, Bill Sanders, is an extremely successful real estate financier and investor. I would assume that he guided Beto. Is it illegal? Probably not. Unethical? Yes. And it strikes me as similar to the Clintons’ deals and their way of doing business, enriching their friends and family via their elected office.

O'Rourke is just parroting the standard progressive/marxist/democratic talking points, but whether he believes in them or not is beside the point. If elected, he’ll be a reliable vote for the next idiotic, unconstitutional assault weapons ban, and that is enough for me to vote for Cruz. Beto is not good for Texas, or America.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I think we have a huge age gap between us & Rhino.
    Rhino, if you dont mind me asking... how old are?
    Not going there for now. I'm not a spring chicken anymore.

For those who think I'm supporting Beto, I AM NOT. I'm just saying that there's a huge marketing problem that I think is avoidable but based on genuinely wrong attitudes.

tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    I still think the race is Cruz's to lose.

I have received a few random texts from supposed Beto campaign workers asking who I will vote for. I don't respond but I have wanted to tell them i don't vote Red.

I did respond to one. Told them “none of their f###in business.” Haven’t gotten any more, oddly. I guess i hurt their feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Complete and utter bullshit. I do not find anything appealing about him pretending to be something he isn't.

White Irish guy pretending to be Hispanic, is as much BS as a White Female Pretending to be black. Will hispanics fall for it?

dolezal.jpg

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    If it was legal to hire them, yeah, I could put a few to work on a ranch, help them get back on their feet. No, I don't hire around the law, but I still think the law is wrong and should be able to hire anyone I choose to - which used to be common here in Texas.
    There ARE legal ways to hire them... Sponsor them with a work visa, for example. Deciding you're not going to follow the law when there are legitimate ways of doing what you're talking about is not ethical, and comparing hiring someone illegally to someone being persecuted for religious freedom is not honest. (the context of the scripture you quoted)

The laws are there for reasons- and just because you have a bunch of friends that don't like reasons such as not giving visas to known criminals, that they expect them to pay taxes on their earnings, and otherwise abide by the same laws as citizens of this country doesn't mean they're correct.

Now to get back to the Original purpose of the thread... is he a threat to the great state of Texas, and/or the United States? if so, what can be done to stop him.

If you want to discuss what you dislike about immigration law, that sounds like a different thread. If you want to discuss marketing strategy that the GOP could look at to better explain their position on immigration, that's also better served in another thread.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom