Capitol Armory ad

Best Turkish Pump and Semi that actually worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destroyer357

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 23, 2023
    Dfw
    About a year ago, I bought the Emperor MXP12 for $99 from KyGunCo; was surprisingly good enough for the money (key word for the money). Got me thinking, what other cheap turkish shotguns that actually worth it? I was eyeing those Turkish Benelli M4 clones, anyone have positive experience with them?
    Texas SOT

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    The various clones all tend to be slightly different than real Benelli's, controls in slightly different places, parts slightly different.

I've even seen differences in the same model from the same importer, so keep that in mind

Destroyer357

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 23, 2023
    Dfw
    The various clones all tend to be slightly different than real Benelli's, controls in slightly different places, parts slightly different.

I've even seen differences in the same model from the same importer, so keep that in mind
    Saw bunch of YouTube videos - seems like it’s a mixed bag - TFB tv James Reeves trashes any Turkish shotguns but Hitchkok45 has one and he likes it

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    I own a lot of shotguns. Two are made in Turkey. A good quality sxs 28/410 combo and a fairly cheap 410 o/u. You get what you pay for.
    As far as pump shotguns, if you are on a small budget, you should buy a Mossberg 500. At worst buy a Maverick.
    Don’t take a chance on a foreign made bottom tier gun.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I bought a Charles Daly SA 20g. Have yet to shoot it, but at $215 seemed a good deal. Didn’t realize it was Turkish until I handled it.

It was marked $298, but got a discount due to a missing front sight.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The Weatherby SA08 is a fine specimen of Turkish gun making.
    I got a 12 gauge SA-08 when they first came out and liked it so much I went back and got a 20 gauge for my daughter. Traded the 12 after I bought the Beretta A400 because I never used it and a friend of mine didn’t have a shotgun. Still have the 20. It’s a really cool camo pattern.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I bought a 12 ga. TriStar semi auto and liked it. It was all camo'd out for when used to hunt waterfowl. It is now in my SIL's possession and he loves it. Also bought a 20 ga Tristar for grandkids to shoot. It is now the possession of my first grandson to use for waterfowl hunting. Also have two ATI O/U in 28 and .410. All shoot just fine and none were over $500. Granted these are not high quality firearms, but they work and are functional. Kind of like the Rock Islands of shotguns.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    For a while I had an O/U Yildiz 20 gauge that was a wonderfully made shotgun, with outstanding wood on it....
    I now have two autoloaders, a 12 and a 20, both of them Stoeger. They are two of the smoothest cycling autos I've dealt with.
    I believe Stoeger is under the Benelli umbrella now, and these two show it.

dmwz71

Professional Retiree
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Crosby, Texas
    I purchased a Panzer Arms M4 Marine Coat Benelli clone about a month ago. I have shot only 2 3/4" slugs so far(about 50 rounds or so) but it has performed flawlessly.

I have never shot or owned a Benelli M4, but for ~$500 as opposed to ~$2000, I am happy with the Panzer. Unless or until it does not go bang, I am very pleased with my purchase.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Bought a Charles Daly 20g for my girls. They took it out last weekend and it functions well. But the report is that it kicks much harder than expected.

They ended up shooting the 20g pump more due to recoil of the SA.

Kind of shocking that a Chinesium Pardner pump has less recoil.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I purchased a Panzer Arms M4 Marine Coat Benelli clone about a month ago. I have shot only 2 3/4" slugs so far(about 50 rounds or so) but it has performed flawlessly.

I have never shot or owned a Benelli M4, but for ~$500 as opposed to ~$2000, I am happy with the Panzer. Unless or until it does not go bang, I am very pleased with my purchase.
    I had heard the parts on the Panzer were supposed to be completely interchangeable with the Beretta. No idea if true. Just what I heard, or read somewhere.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Some info on Turkish shotgun manufacturers that are clustered in town called Üzümlü, Konya, Turkey. Some are rebranders/resellers.

I've had several Turkish firearms run well: TriStar, Canik, CZ Turkey shotgun, MKE

Here is a revolver shotgun

Top Bottom