• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RevolverBuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2016
    Round Rock
    The best cal is the one you can always put on target.

I'm with Shady on this one. Fast is fine, but accuracy is final. The best self-defense cartridge for most people is the one which they can most readily place accurate, repeated hits on target at a reasonable speed. A lot of folks struggle with snappy 40 cal recoil and also 45 recoil. For those of us in that camp it's better to get a bunch of hits with a 9mm instead of a bunch of flinching and misses with a bigger caliber gun.

That and the fact that premium 9mm projectiles have greatly improved terminal performance than 20-30 years ago makes 9mm a great choice in a defensive caliber for many people.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    I think I hear the reel clicker ticking! Fish On!!! Reverse! Reverse! Reverse! Back down on him!!! Hurry, I'm loosing line!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    The best cal is the one you can always put on target.

I'm with Shady on this one. Fast is fine, but accuracy is final. The best self-defense cartridge for most people is the one which they can most readily place accurate, repeated hits on target at a reasonable speed. A lot of folks struggle with snappy 40 cal recoil and also 45 recoil. For those of us in that camp it's better to get a bunch of hits with a 9mm instead of a bunch of flinching and misses with a bigger caliber gun.

That and the fact that premium 9mm projectiles have greatly improved terminal performance than 20-30 years ago makes 9mm a great choice in a defensive caliber for many people.

Always the best answers. I've come of the opinion over the years that any thread asking "What caliber" weather it be ammo or the gun itself should have both of the post quoted above posted as a combined single posted as the first response to the OP.

Fullretard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    DFW
    We all know that 9mm is inadequate for self-defense. The FBI created .40S&W to specifically address the shortcomings of the 9mm cartridge. But what about the big boy calibers? Which is smarter? .45ACP or .357Mag or .380?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    Trolling level expert

real men use knives unless you are Chuck Norris then yoh kill with your icy stare

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Ah, port rod threw the hook, but tend the starboard rod!! Fish on!!!! Almost a double hookup!

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    3452c36fdc21332207075fc9df139097.jpg

4d2513163b6785b22467f2b1a946699d.jpg

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I remember watching Justin Wilson Cajun cooking shows on TV a few decades ago and people would ask "What wine goes with this?" and the answer was always "Whatever wine you like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Same for carry guns.............. Whatever gun you like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I carry 7.65 Browning all the way up to Colt45. (keep um guessin')

bob

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Volkswagen bug. Whatever caliber that is.

or

Whatever projectile the Rail Gun uses.

Top Bottom