• ...and so much more!
  • Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I have a Stainless 92FS. Not called Inox. Because it's older? Has SS parts and trigger, not black. it's been a good pistol..
    Ghost? Around 1990?

Lucky Gunner put up this infographic

Beretta-92-chart01.jpg

infographic credit

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    This?

View attachment 426678

If I squint really, really hard, I may be able see what you are talking about; but it doesn't come anywhere near as close to the 92 as the Walther!
    Walther took the open slide from beretta, beretta took the locking block from wather

The slide mounted decocker looks similar, but functions differently, the walther physically locks the firing pin while the beretta has a separate plunger that gets rotated off axis.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Walther took the open slide from beretta, beretta took the locking block from wather

And where’d they steal anything good on any pistol?

The 1911. 45ACP. Gawds gun in Gawds caliber.

I carried one for six months in the desert.

I carried one for three months in the jungle.

I carried one for five months in Africa.

And I feared no man. I feared nothing.

Wait… That was a Browning High Power 9mm.

But still, I feared no man.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    And where’d they steal anything good on any pistol?

The 1911. 45ACP. Gawds gun in Gawds caliber.

I carried one for six months in the desert.

I carried one for three months in the jungle.

I carried one for five months in Africa.

And I feared no man. I feared nothing.

Wait… That was a Browning High Power 9mm.

But still, I feared no man.

Well yeah, but failures to feed don't come in people form

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I have a Girsan clone of the Beretta M9A1. It's a great shooter. Only issue I have is when I shoot 100+ rounds in a short time & heat up the barrel. It will fail to extract, causing significant jams. When I let it cool, it functions properly again. I thought it was the extractor at first, replacing it with a Wilson Combat one. But, I think it's the metallurgy of the barrel. As good as it shoots, I can stand it as a range gun. It might work for SD, since I doubt I'll need more than 100 rounds in an incident.

Then again, I'm really interested in the Tisas Aviator 9mm.....

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Well, I have never owned a Beretta pistol in the Inox finish but I have owned several 92 series Berettas. I currently own a Beretta 92SB pistol, two (2) Beretta 92FS pistols and two Beretta 92FS Compact L Type M pistols. I cannot imagine that the 92FS Inox differs from the regular 92FS pistols except for the finish metal. So, allow me to say, I highly recommend the 92FS as a very finely made and quite accurate pistol. I shoot better with the 92FS than with any other 9mm semi-auto pistol that I have ever shot and let me add I am no slouch when it comes to pistol marksmanship having attained n Distinguished Marksman certification at least a few times in the past while shooting these pistols. I have encountered very few failures such as failures to feed, extract or eject even at least once when the 92FS I was shooting had not been cleaned for over 1K rounds. I find the biggest fault with the fact that the slide can be removed way to easily by an adversary who grabs the pistol. Beretta could have very easily fixed that issue but to tell the truth I have rarely seen anyone else even mention that such is possible. All in all, I like them very much, I carried one and had another as a back-up, for years, while a special agent with the now defunct U.S. Customs Service Office of Investigations. I currently carry a Glock 26 but only because of size & weight being an issue now that I am approaching 70 and have severe lower back and hip Arthur I. Tis. I honestly consider the Beretta 92FS to be my favorite 9mm pistols and as the best 9mm pistols I have ever carried. I am sure others' opinions of the 92FS will vary but that is mine.

Reactions: WAA
    Top Bottom