• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigwojman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2023
    Houston
    Good day! Thinking of getting one of these for myself to add to my collection and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this pistol. Specifically, any likes or dislikes would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    DK Firearms

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I always wanted an inox until I got one. I could never get used to the straight back grip. If I was in your shoes I would get the M9A3 instead, and if you don’t like the straight grip, you can put the included wrap around grip on it and it will be identical to the original M9 grip.

I also always wanted a Beretta 96 until I got one and never did care for it. Sold it shortly thereafter.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I had a compact INOX 92FS years ago but traded it. I hated the chopped grip but it was reliable and a great shooter.

A full size 92FS INOX Vertec is on my wishlist but I haven't bought one yet.
    You’re right, it was the Vertec grip I hated, not the Inox. OP I guess you can ignore my comment.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Interesting.

inox grip.jpg

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    In my own experience and with everyone I have talked to about Beretta M9 frames, is that they either prefer one over the other by a large margin. I dont think you can go wrong with the inox OP, I would absolutely try out a 92 frame and a vertec frame to see which one works better for you.

Once you have that settled, I think the inox is the best looking finish on a Beretta. The M9A3/A4s are also very nice if you like FDE.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    I must have gotten lucky with my 10 or so 92's and 96's throughout the years. My Berettas all did that too.
    It’s hard to imagine that much luck. I’d buy a lottery ticket.

Years ago, it been over 30 years at least, an acquaintance of mine bought a 92F. It was the first semiautomatic pistol I had ever fired. He let me and another friend put a few downrange. It was a fun day, not gonna lie. He still has it. He maintains it’s been fired thousands of times since then with no malfunctions.

Over beers the last time I was in the home town I reminded him he has a large extended family now. I told him that old Beretta might seem ultra reliable, but after 30000 rounds or so fired with no malfunctions and all he’s done is bought one new magazine…

I begged him…. Begged him… to buy a 1911 before it was too late.

Some men you just can’t reach ☹️

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I have a few 92’s. I have tried the vertex grip on both full size and compact. Can’t shoot them at all it slams into my thumb knuckle and makes my hand instantly numb. The traditional grip shape fits my hand perfectly. The INOX finished one is the least shot out of mine, but it’s still a great pistol.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Absolutely love mine. I'm a Beretta fan and own three currently and think they're one of, if not the very best manufacturer of DA/SA pistols out there. And the 92 is just such a classic Great pistol and nothing to dislike for me at all unless you count heft as a dislike, but that goes with the territory. However I will say as much as I love my 92FS, the PX4 Storms I own are probably slightly better shooters, although with some polymer and without that classic look. I chalk it up to the rotating barrel which does seem to really make a difference as far as accuracy. I have the full size in INOX and the compact in black, which is probably my favorite pistol of all I own.

You can't go wrong with the 92FS.
    IMG_2793 (2).jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom