• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    We should still be there at 2PM. Bring all you got but no FA. There will be someone there. I have made arrangements with Matt for this. Does any body have a .22 pistol for this reporter to start out on? Matt says he will loan one to me if not, but I would rather have one that someone is familiar with.
    Target Sports

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Unfortunately, something has come up at the last minute with work and I don't know if I can get out there. I'm going to try and get it to work, but I can't promise anything. :(

M4Dogg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Looks like I won't be able to make it guys, sorry! Turns out school didn't start back today... *doh* So I'll be tied up instead of having fun with y'all.. :( I really wanted to meet you guys too. Maybe I'll show up with a wife and kid, how'z about that? j/k

Anyways, it's messy out there so be safe and watch out for crazies on the roads!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Fellers, how'd this go????

I had flash backs from the Russian front. The winds were howling and it was about 35 degrees outside, LOL. Nevertheless, 7 of us showed up and had some fun.

I think the discussion we had went well and gave a good insight to our point of view. (Regarding the reporter)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Cool - I look forward to an upcoming article then :)

While yall were out having fun, I was here, sitting in a dentist chair. How depressing is that?? Well, at least I got clean teeth.

What paper/station was the reporter with? (Ifit listed here in the thread, I slacked and didn't look) :o

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    What paper/station was the reporter with? (Ifit listed here in the thread, I slacked and didn't look) :o

Rodbender knows.

I got her husband to shoot my M1A, and he seemed very receptive of it. I gave him a piece of brass as a momento.

Travis's mom shot a .30-30 Marlin and liked it. She was surprised by the kick, but she later said she wanted to shoot it again. She was a bit intimidated by the M1A (muzzle brake makes it loud), but I'll get her to shoot it someday.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The lady in question is an independent journalist AFAIK. I'm not sure if she is currently affiliated with any news network, but I'm sure Rodbender knows. Either way, she seems to be pretty objective and open-minded, so hopefully we will get a fair article out of it. ;) It was good to meet you all yesterday. Sorry we had to bail early and sorry if we missed any of you but, I had to go get shackled back to my desk at work yesterday. ;) lol

M4Dogg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Dang, sorry I missed it but glad the rest of you made it out and got a chance to share "our side of the story" so to speak...

Any pics from the outing??

I might have to head down there this weekend as I still need to better sight in and play with my new scope and also try out my new bipod and spotting scope.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Ruxandra is with the BBC and does some independent stuff as well. She seemed to have some fun with the .22 and the 9MM, but she wasn't too happy with the airweight .38 Special. Too much recoil. I told her it was wicked for a first time shooter, because of the light weight. Thanks for coming out guys.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom