• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReyG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Well...folks I did it. I graduated from CAPCOG recently and now working as a Reserve Officer at a PD in my area.

It was NOT easy at all. I have a child, a wife and a fulltime job while attending the Academy. All I can say is...it could be done.

CALI

I'm considering to make the same choice you have. What should I expect going to CAPCOG? Do they help you get a job in the Austin area?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well done, I wish I had the time to do the same here...

Alamo Colleges offers a similar program with classes on Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 5pm; but I travel so much for work (usually 1-2 weeks every month) that it isn't feasible for me to attend. They also offer Monday through Thursday classes from 6pm -10pm but again I just would miss too many to pass. I wish there was a way to get basic peace officer certified, I've completed two graduate degrees with the second one being completely online, but such an academic program doesn't exist for TCLOSE certification.

Cheers! M2

CALI

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    CAPCOG is a good choice. Expect to study all the time and never ever slow down. They have very experienced instructors that are still in the business of public service. CAPCOG can only notify you by email of openings in the region when you graduate. Other than that you can start applying for openings while you are in the academy. Good luck and PM me if you have more questions.

CALI

Top Bottom