DK Firearms

Attempt to steal my catalytic converter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    When I moved to AZ in 1989, my dad gave me his old ford truck. The glass packs had several pin holes in them and was too thin to weld. I took high heat RTV and some aluminum flashing I pilfered from work and smeared the sealant and wrapped with the flashing and then used tie wire to attached. I worked for a bout 3 months before it finally burnt through. It was easy enough so I did it again. and then found some stuff at Auto Zone call muffler bandage. Looked like gauze that you soaked in water and wrapped it around the leak. WIth my patch and this stuff I go 6 months out of it. I was telling my dad about it and he offered up some stainless steel shim stock. Put it and the RTV and wire as before and it worked for a year and a half at least, as I traded the truck in that point.

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    Roof flashing and zip ties.
    How's that for redneck?
    That's pretty red... :roflsmile: Here are a couple pics. Sadly, they have cut one end real close to the joint. I have ordered a couple pieces that should slide on the inside, as well as a couple clamps and some of that heat wrap stuff.

Attachments

• cat1.jpg
      cat1.jpg
      239.8 KB · Views: 72
    • cat2.jpg
      cat2.jpg
      332.6 KB · Views: 73
    • cat3.jpg
      cat3.jpg
      200.2 KB · Views: 78

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    That's pretty red... :roflsmile: Here are a couple pics. Sadly, they have cut one end real close to the joint. I have ordered a couple pieces that should slide on the inside, as well as a couple clamps and some of that heat wrap stuff.
    sounds like you are on the right track

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ain't really redneck, but just have a muffler shop reweld it back in place.

Top Bottom