APOD Firearms

Atf rule banning private sales requires FFL rumored for fall.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • @TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    @benenglish Published today in the federal register. Effective May 20, 2024.
    Clearly outside of the authority of the ATF. They have tried to make up rules without Congress by this crap many times before. The Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled it is illegal.

But this is the red signal that it is TIME to contact all Representatives and Senators about this.

Today, the illegal invasion from the south, cries out for being able to defend ourselves.

Texas will not stand for this.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I propose a new BOS. A better BOS.

I want 12 factor identification, ideally 3 different types of DNA samples, and complete medical and dental records.

I would also like at least 5 years of tax records, but that may be a step too far

I propose a new BOS too - the old Brotherhood of Steel is just too set in its ways, too focused on finding and preserving old technology while the world around them collapses and people scrape by. I propose they all adopt a more kind hearted humanitarian approach like Elder Lyons took in the DC ruins. They could also open up their ranks to non-feral ghouls, with the understanding that at the first sign of going feral, the nearest member to them puts a bullet thru their brainpan post haste and their shit gets divied up by their bunkmates. Also, no power armor for ghouls, because if they go feral in a T60 suit, that could be bad times.

Now, 12 factor ID is a bit much - maybe compromise. Of course we'll need DNA samples to identify members if they get their face ate / blown off.

And taxes? What is this, the NCR? Ain't no taxes in the wastes, soldier.

After watching the first season of Fallout and seeing the Brotherhood going off the rails once again and the elder showing that he's just a power hungry asshole, we definitely could use a better Brotherhood. Oh, and someone needs to address that damned flaw in the welding beneath the chestplate, we don't need a bunch of damned ghoul cowboys and vault dwellers running around kill-shotting our Knights and Paladins with their little trick shots.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I propose a new BOS too - the old Brotherhood of Steel is just too set in its ways, too focused on finding and preserving old technology while the world around them collapses and people scrape by. I propose they all adopt a more kind hearted humanitarian approach like Elder Lyons took in the DC ruins. They could also open up their ranks to non-feral ghouls, with the understanding that at the first sign of going feral, the nearest member to them puts a bullet thru their brainpan post haste and their shit gets divied up by their bunkmates. Also, no power armor for ghouls, because if they go feral in a T60 suit, that could be bad times.

Now, 12 factor ID is a bit much - maybe compromise. Of course we'll need DNA samples to identify members if they get their face ate / blown off.

And taxes? What is this, the NCR? Ain't no taxes in the wastes, soldier.

After watching the first season of Fallout and seeing the Brotherhood going off the rails once again and the elder showing that he's just a power hungry asshole, we definitely could use a better Brotherhood. Oh, and someone needs to address that damned flaw in the welding beneath the chestplate, we don't need a bunch of damned ghoul cowboys and vault dwellers running around kill-shotting our Knights and Paladins with their little trick shots.

Long live the BOS! Long live Elder Maxson!

Long live the games (except 76) and down with the televised retcon!

Ad Victoriam brother.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Yep. Not effective for 30 days.

ETA: as for out of scope for ATF, that’ll be for litigation to determine, but Cornyn’s BPSCA specifically wrote into law that the ATF do this.
    Cornyn has long been worse than worthless. Traitor now.

I will be on the phone pushing my political buttons on Monday morning.

Still More #ComDem_Insanity!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I used to worry about drug addicts and gang bangers breaking in and killing me or my family. I've tried to protect my family by living in a decent area, supporting law enforcement, and by being armed.

I now realize that I'm more likely to be killed by my own government - the ATF, FBI, IRS, how many others I don't know - than by the scum of society.

How very sad.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Unconstitutional is only one of the elements. Other founding documents are as much or more important. The Declaration, sat a clear Precedent.
    Ever hear an average law school professor discuss The Declaration? To 90% them and most judges, it's an interesting historical artifact with absolutely zero impact on US law.

I'm sorry I'm being so negative in response to your posts. I don't mean to be. But you're talking common sense and US law, US courts, and US federal agencies have been running away from common sense for so long that they've lost sight of it over the horizon behind them. And those entities define the arena in which we must battle for our rights.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I now realize that I'm more likely to be killed by my own government - the ATF, FBI, IRS, how many others I don't know - than by the scum of society.

How very sad.

Even worse...time is coming where the criminal you have to defend yourself against will be wearing a badge instead of a hoodie....

Top Bottom