• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Glad I got my first two form 1s filed Friday. Sorry the website isn't working. Hope it will be soon.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I just used but it's very funky acting. At the same time it confirmed my submission it also gave me an error message. Did that for all 3 I submitted. I did get email confirmation though.

4b20a4c49b97e957442a0b0dc0e43def.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I've got a trust with the wife and I on it as trustees. What would be wrong with doing a new trust with only myself as settler and the only trustee on it? Wouldn't it simplify things?

Bruh just make a new trust for every item or every few items. Much easier. I use Quicken Willmaker. Takes all of 5 minutes to create and print, then walk across the street for neighbor to notarize.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    It really is that simple. You could add extra digits to the trust name to help keep them semi-sorted for filing purposes. CHARLIE NFA TRUST1, CHARLIE NFA TRUST2, etc.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    The only thing that has been holding us back from buying toys is money. A variety of life issues have popped up keeping us financially tied for the rest of the year but in that time I am planning the route we are going to take. We will obtain a trust and start with suppressors. After that I have at least three FA rifles that I am looking at where i need to choose just one.

The harder they make it the more I will do it.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Perhaps I am not understanding the new rules. When they change, being that CLEO sign off is off the table, a trust will be solely for estate planning and to authorize other users of an NFA item, is that right?

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Perhaps I am not understanding the new rules. When they change, being that CLEO sign off is off the table, a trust will be solely for estate planning and to authorize other users of an NFA item, is that right?

Correct. No CLEO signoff will be a big deal for some who used a trust solely to get around local CLEOs who might be inclined not to sign. Primary advantage of trust now is for reasons you stated: estate planning and to allow other named people to posses.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    For an "NFA items only trust" would a revocable or irrevocable trust be appropriate?

Not sure, that may be more of a Sean question. I'm not sure that matters. I do know this- don't include that in the title of trust. Pick short names for your trust, that was good advice Sean gave me when he did my trust. It makes it easier for having lowers engraved. The engraver I went to has all kinds of funny stories of how people screwed themselves with their trust's name - "The Johnson Family National Firearms Act Irrevocable Living Trust". Imagine engraving that versus "Johnson Trust".

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Not sure, that may be more of a Sean question. I'm not sure that matters. I do know this- don't include that in the title of trust. Pick short names for your trust, that was good advice Sean gave me when he did my trust. It makes it easier for having lowers engraved. The engraver I went to has all kinds of funny stories of how people screwed themselves with their trust's name - "The Johnson Family National Firearms Act Irrevocable Living Trust". Imagine engraving that versus "Johnson Trust".

Hah! And probably more expensive! In that light, why not just engrave the entire trust wording on the weapon somewhere! :green:

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I was talking about putting the whole trust ON the gun. Getting your gun notarized.

UPS will notarize it too, but it costs $6 a stamp. But the only notaries I know are family.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    your bank will do it for free.
    BOA will notarize for free but they won't witness. They will go out on the line in the lobby and ask random customers to come into the office to sign as the witness. Weird.

Top Bottom