• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Jeez am I glad I don't live down there. That must be hell for the owners of those ranges, hopefully they aren't going to be underwater (har har har) financially from being closed so long and having a massive cleanup bill to reopen.
    Gun Zone Deals

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    At maximum discharge, they said that level drops 1/4" per hour. I assume it increases as the area shrinks at the lower levels.
    They stopped discharging yesterday for the storms. It should restart soon.

I have enjoyed shooting at Boyerts.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    From what I have been able to find out, the lakes north of Houston area, including Central Texas, are not releasing much if any water. Stillhouse and Belton are filling fast. If the sun would come out and stay out, we would lose more to evaporation than release. They can't release water while you people are flooded. From here, the wayer goes into the Brazos River. They are not much better of than you are.

from an idgit coffeeholic

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Since this thread has grown to encompass not just ASC but also BRI, here's part of the email I got two days ago from the Chief RSO for BRI:

Since I got this, the extra rain has taken the reservoir back over 96 feet. :(
    The day before we got this I passed by there. The water is about a foot below the roadway

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    From what I have been able to find out, the lakes north of Houston area, including Central Texas, are not releasing much if any water. Stillhouse and Belton are filling fast. If the sun would come out and stay out, we would lose more to evaporation than release. They can't release water while you people are flooded. From here, the wayer goes into the Brazos River. They are not much better of than you are.

The Brazos down here is almost out of its banks. The river can't take much more run-off.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex

All the dams from Mansfield Dam down have been releasing water daily. Travis is at 105% capacity.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    All the dams from Mansfield Dam down have been releasing water daily. Travis is at 105% capacity.
    Yes, but that is the Colorado. Some of those have to release water to make electricity.
    The Brazos watershed has gotten more than it can hold. The ground is saturated. Trinity watershead ain't much better off.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The day before we got this I passed by there. The water is about a foot below the roadway
    As of today, that reservoir is slightly higher than it was a week ago. With an 80% chance of thundershowers for the next two days and at least some rain in the forecast for every day for the rest of May, it seems to me that the idea that we'll get into the range to inspect it by the end of the month is pretty iffy.

joking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2015
    Houston
    I passed Bayou Rifle range almost everyday. Last week I can see the gate. As of yesterday, that gate still under the water. Only the top portion of the sign (range rule?) visible.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    We've been getting hammered by rain down here. Rains every day seems like.
    Last evening it rained over 7 inches in about 3.5 hours!

I miss the drought.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yes, but that is the Colorado. Some of those have to release water to make electricity.
    The Brazos watershed has gotten more than it can hold. The ground is saturated. Trinity watershead ain't much better off.

Lake Whitney has actually had the gates open on the damn, which doesn't happen often. It's a flood control lake so it's allowed to drop during the drought and holds water to prevent flooding in Waco and further south.

They are forced to keep the gates open now and release water or they will have major issues from further run off. Basically, they are letting water out as fast as they can without causing damage down stream in order to keep lake Whitney from flooding and becoming an issue of its own.

Can't be flood control of its over the banks as well. They expect the lake to remain closed most of the summer.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    ASC is opening Pistol and Rifle on the 28th. All other ranges will be open at a later date. They're saying they'll be open 7 days a week on their twitter/facebook sites. I'll be gone Sat/Sun, but may have to put on the gettin muddy shoes and head out Monday at some point. I need to test out my new barrel for my 226 some more and see if I adjusted my High Standard magazines correctly.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    ASC is opening Pistol and Rifle on the 28th. All other ranges will be open at a later date. They're saying they'll be open 7 days a week on their twitter/facebook sites. I'll be gone Sat/Sun, but may have to put on the gettin muddy shoes and head out Monday at some point. I need to test out my new barrel for my 226 some more and see if I adjusted my High Standard magazines correctly.

After tonight, that might change. Looks like most of the rain went north of Houston but I hear more is coming...

http://www.harriscountyfws.org/GageDetail/Index/2010

Top Bottom