• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txgolfer45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Dallas
    My other AR15 is one I pieced together a long time ago. It was originally set up to do varmint hunting. But, I got off a lease and hunted public land requiring shotgun or muzzleloader. It currently has a fixed skeleton stock, Rock River 20" stainless heavy barrel and a Nikon 3-9X40 BDC scope on it. I also have a Harris bipod for it. I definitely can use it as is. I am thinking maybe a stock change and keep it as a long range shooter/varmint gun. As set up, it is a bit too heavy to lug around the woods. I have bolt rifles for deer hunting. So, no need to change the barrel and caliber for that purpose. Suggestions?

txgolfer45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Dallas
    No specific budget. What would be the benefit of a collapsible stock on target/varmint type setup? Ability to shorten it if the fixed length is a bit long for me?

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    No specific budget. What would be the benefit of a collapsible stock on target/varmint type setup? Ability to shorten it if the fixed length is a bit long for me?
    That, and it gives you a bit more wiggle room with how you have your optic setup, plus lots of choices in buffers, weights, and springs

Fixed stocks are solid, but there's lots of adjustable stocks that have incredibly solid lockups. With a 3-9 you aren't going to notice any loss in potential accuracy

Last edited:

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I personally don't like any of the adjustable stocks. I run ACE skeleton and LuthAR skeleton stocks on all of my AR's.
    I'd upgrade the optics, and the trigger depending on what you have currently.

Top Bottom