• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I am slowly updating my rifles and need some help with red dots and sight posts.

For the sight posts I have the basic black post on my 10 which can be difficult to acquire quickly. I don't use the irons very often but still want to be able to see the post quickly. I have the same problem on my 15 but am trying a hooded KNS cross. The KNS is easier to acquire but still needs bright light to use it. I am looking for something like an illuminated (tritium) front post or chevron if it exists.

ideas?

Red Dots. Looking for one for my 15. Right now I am using irons and have no glass or red dot on it. I have only ever looked into Primary arms since I am NOT going to buy a $600 red dot from AimPoint or anything like it. Just need something that's good out to 75-100 yards and is rugged enough to take a beating and still work.

ideas?
    Venture Surplus ad

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Could just wait for the next EOTech rebate and get a no frills 512 model. They do at least one rebate every year.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Could just wait for the next EOTech rebate and get a no frills 512 model. They do at least one rebate every year.

What is the typical MSRP? and how much are the rebates? Still a ton of money for a little red dot.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What is the typical MSRP? and how much are the rebates? Still a ton of money for a little red dot.

With EoTech you are really paying for the dot size. It's the only one I know of with a 1moa dot.

Might matter to you, might not. Makes more difference if you ever put a magnifier behind it. I like mine, but don't dislike other red dots because of it. I feel​ like my field of view is clearer.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin

The last one I bought had a $60 rebate and the gun show vendor ate the sales tax. I found the TGT post from when I bought it: $349 - $60 = $289 out the door.

It was a smoking deal so I picked an extra one up for my brother too.

Probably more expensive than a PA red dot, but much cheaper than $600.

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Anyone use the XS posts? Are they bright in low light?

Texasslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    houston
    I had a sigtac cp1 on my sig 556. I liked it cause it was clear, had a large view circle, worked without batteries. You can change to brightness and green to red. It's light. Batteries last a looooong time. It reminds me of a crossbow scope with lines underneath the main crosshairs (not sure of the term). It stayed set. I liked it so much I'm getting it this week for my 300 blk pistol
    a3501f9f676ddf085b0e331c9a58eb36.jpg

c503228acab8bf7a16da913bed4b91ee.jpg

854cf521fad38648bbc7c941cb953ee0.jpg

Sent from HAM radio

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members