• TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    AR parts suppliers, such as AT3, Brownells, PSA, Right To Bear, etc.:
    Which supplier do you purchase from, and why?
    Which supplier do you avoid, and why?

Also, for barrels and BCGs, which manufacturers to you prefer and which do you avoid?

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I order from brownells out of necessity. They screw up a lot of my orders. They have the best selection of colt parts and their tools are still the best

Other vendors i use, aim surplus, BCM, big Tex ordnance, primary arms, forward controls design.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Depends on what parts you’re looking for. Having said that, Primary often has good sales and generally good prices on AR parts. I buy my SOLGW LPK from Primary Arms, also SOLGW BCG and also BCM BCG.

PSA has good deals on Toolcraft BCG and FN barrels.

houstongun807

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2023
    Houston
    With lowers you can always cheap out on them, so no reason to spend over $80 for one IMO. Same for upper receivers. What really matters is the handguard, barrel, BCG, and trigger (optional, but definitely an improvement). Depending on your budget, I recommend BCM or Daniel Defense for the first three and a Larue for a trigger.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    With lowers you can always cheap out on them, so no reason to spend over $80 for one IMO. Same for upper receivers. What really matters is the handguard, barrel, BCG, and trigger (optional, but definitely an improvement). Depending on your budget, I recommend BCM or Daniel Defense for the first three and a Larue for a trigger.
    Unfortunately cheap lowers are hit or miss with the hole for the buffer retainer. Operation on the mill for that tool path is important and a lot of cheaper lowers have the hole off enough to cause the buffer to beat the retainer up.

There’s other things about the lower that matter too and some companies will put out shit.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Unfortunately cheap lowers are hit or miss with the hole for the buffer retainer. Operation on the mill for that tool path is important and a lot of cheaper lowers have the hole off enough to cause the buffer to beat the retainer up.

There’s other things about the lower that matter too and some companies will put out shit.
    Never had a problem with Aero Precision, but then that was my go to place when I lived in Washington.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Never had a problem with Aero Precision, but then that was my go to place when I lived in Washington.
    And I have inspected an area with said problem.

But they should be ashamed of stuff like that because I think anyway they carry a name better known for quality that say Anderson.

houstongun807

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2023
    Houston

Which brands had that issue? Usually the worst I'd notice is play between the upper and lower but not a mismilled buffer retainer

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I know everyone thinks they have a good ar and I’m sure they do. Hands down the single most screwed up rifle I got was my Ruger mpr. I didn’t even send it back. Made it right myself.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I discovered PA on this site and they've been very good to deal with! Aero Precision for receivers as their "blems" are perfect and have yet to find what it is. Impact Guns is a no way in hell I'll buy from them again! Tried buying a rifle from them and stated in stock.........2 weeks later still didn't ship................reason being THEY were trying to make a big purchase for saving money! Midway has horrible packaging when it comes to bullets! Midsouth is slow, but does a great job. Brownell's is decent! I shop around for price and what's in stock and most places do a good job on shipping fast (to many places too name). AR barrels from AP are great! I've had good luck with Criterion, but gas port size needs to be changed on a 6.5creed.

Top Bottom