• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HuttoAg96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Hutto (Austin)
    You can get a Bravo Company upper receiver group with an M16 BCG and stock charging handle for 520 (this is minus handguards, which are about $20 for a get-in-the-game basic set). Does the upper receiver group, BCG, and charging handle constitute a complete upper? Can I throw that on a complete lower and be good-to-go?

My thinking is that I can get that set of components along with a blemished Bravo complete lower receiver (270) and end up with a new Bravo Company AR for about 800 bucks. That seems like a great price for what seems to be regarded as a top-tier AR manufacturer.

Their normal Mod 0 carbine lists on their site for $1025.
    Gun Zone Deals

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    That should be it except for the handguards for the complete upper. You can also check out Stag Arms for some of their uppers, they can be had stock for a fair price and can upgrade on their site most of the components.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Do it with complete confidence. BCM is absolutely the best value going, and you will be making no sacrifices in quality.

HuttoAg96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Hutto (Austin)
    I ended up getting a BCM upper through one of their distributors (G&R Tactical) because G&R had the mid-length light weight upper in stock, and BCM did not. I'm eventually going to put optics on it so for now I ordered a magpul rear sight and a few magpul PMAGs. My AR-crazy uncle, who owns 5 of them, is going to help me assemble a lower from a stripped lower and a RRA parts kit. I am going nuts I am so excited about this... I can't wait for all this stuff to come in.

HuttoAg96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Hutto (Austin)
    Thanks for all the advice. I went a little over budget but I feel like I'll be getting a quality gun without going too far on the law-of-diminishing-returns curve. Can't wait to shoot it.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    Thanks for all the advice. I went a little over budget but I feel like I'll be getting a quality gun without going too far on the law-of-diminishing-returns curve. Can't wait to shoot it.

Better to go a little over budget, the first time and do it right then have to do it over. You will have a quality rifle when you have it together. Congrats on your first one... just be careful they multiply

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I think I am about $1200 or so into my AR and still don't have any optics...

20" BCM upper with the M16 BCG and a whole lotta chrome...

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    I think I am about $1200 or so into my AR and still don't have any optics...

20" BCM upper with the M16 BCG and a whole lotta chrome...

Ya but you bought every blinged out part on the planet. You could stick that rifle up Satin's @$$ and your only worry would be the smell. :-)

HuttoAg96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Hutto (Austin)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The distributor is back-ordered as well... says he expects another one if 4 weeks or so. Looks like I have to wait a bit longer :-(

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Ya but you bought every blinged out part on the planet. You could stick that rifle up Satin's @$$ and your only worry would be the smell. :-)

no, Brad coated it with anti-smell coating... as long as I don't stick it up past the handguard I should be ok... lol

Top Bottom