• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    As baboon has said, most likely an issue with the disconnector spring.

Who made the lower? The only halfway decent polymer AR lowers are GWACS/CAVARMS/Foxtrot mike ones.

I suggest destroying your current lower and pickup an Anderson, Aero, or PSA lower.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    As baboon has said, most likely an issue with the disconnector spring.

Who made the lower? The only halfway decent polymer AR lowers are GWACS/CAVARMS/Foxtrot mike ones.

I suggest destroying your current lower and pickup an Anderson, Aero, or PSA lower.
    That's what I did with mine. I replaced it with an Anderson and worked much better. Not a fan of the polymer lowers.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    No maybe about it.
    Here is law.

Firearms Verification​

National Firearms Act Definitions​

Machinegun​

26 U.S.C. § 5845(b)

For the purposes of the National Firearms Act the term Machinegun means:

• Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Cav Arms doesn't make them anymore, and GWACS has gone full retard with an incredibly stupid lawsuit against KE Arms, and they are in cahoots with antigunners.

If you're going to buy polymer, the KE Arms KP-15 is probably the best designed one you can get. Same lineage as the Cav, just improved and made with better material.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I'm going with trigger issue. I had a Rock River Arms built AR with their fancy single stage trigger do the same thing. Replaced the trigger and it worked fine after that.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >
    Several years back, someone had a similar problem at a public range.

Two over-zealous feds arrested the guy for having a full-auto w/o permits and he wound-up being convicted of a felony.

I would immediately disassemble it and take the pieces to a trusted AR Smith.

leVieux

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Maybe I’m wrong but I think the atf would classify it as a full auto.
    Yep they would phuck you for sure. One of their monkeys would test it and all they gotta say is you had to do it on purpose and offer a plea deal.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I have a polymer AR lower I bought used. I put a PSA 5.56 upper on it. My first time out I put 30 rounds thru. Then a couple days ago after about 20 rounds it started firing 2 or 3 rounds per trigger pull. If I was real light on the trigger it was one shot but a killer more pressure and bang bang. Since I was in the mide of now where I tried different mags and d en a different upper. Same text. So iam thinkkng trigger issue.

My question is an this be fixed or am I looking at anew trigger?

Thanks,Ed
    Might wanna change the title to AR not working properly. Lol

No one who works for or with the ATF has any personal integrity.

If the problem isn't a trigger pin out of spec or walking out, I would strongly suggest all new trigger and disconnector. Do not try to touch the present parts with tools, i.e. dremel. ATF monkeys would phuck you for that too regardless of your intentions.

See my previous posts about ATF and integrity. The 2 are mutually exclusive.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Might wanna change the title to AR not working properly. Lol
    You laugh but I think that's a good idea.

ETA - Done.

I spent too many years with federal officers, agents, special agents and inspectors who had no sense of proportionality. For some jobs, it's part of the job to find your own cases. There's no sense in handing them one on a silver platter.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Came back to this thread since there were additional replies. That’s when I noticed OPs name. I will also reach out to him via PM. I’d like to say that this may be the lower he purchased from me. If so, it’s a New Frontier Armory lower with a PSA trigger and a mix of PSA and New Frontier lpk. I never had any issues with the lower and I purchased it new around 2011.

What would cause it to function properly on first range trip and then next trip, have this issue?

Edit: corrected the lpk

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Came back to this thread since there were additional replies. That’s when I noticed OPs name. I will also reach out to him via PM. I’d like to say that this may be the lower he purchased from me. If so, it’s a New Frontier Armory lower with a PSA trigger and a mix of PSA and New Frontier lpk. I never had any issues with the lower and I purchased it new around 2011.

What would cause it to function properly on first range trip and then next trip, have this issue?

Edit: corrected the lpk

If its a missing diconnector, the problem won't occur 100% of the time

It could be the spring was out of spec and has now worn to this point

Could be the lower's pin holes have egged out resulting in improper sear engagement

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Cav Arms doesn't make them anymore, and GWACS has gone full retard with an incredibly stupid lawsuit against KE Arms, and they are in cahoots with antigunners.

If you're going to buy polymer, the KE Arms KP-15 is probably the best designed one you can get. Same lineage as the Cav, just improved and made with better material.
    Yup, I'm aware, but point still stands, if its a polymer lower and it doesn't have any of the above roll marks its trash

Top Bottom