• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Not to make you paranoid, but that damned shot into the bed may well have been a message. I'd advise the PD of that, and that you feel that your life may well have been threatened, and plan accordingly. Shit like that doesn't happen for no reason.
    ARJ Defense ad

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Not to make you paranoid, but that damned shot into the bed may well have been a message. I'd advise the PD of that, and that you feel that your life may well have been threatened, and plan accordingly. Shit like that doesn't happen for no reason.

It's in the report that I gave them.

Sent from my RobCo Pip-Boy 3000.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    OP-

I would be careful about what you keep in your apartment from now on. You know you can't rely on your neighbors to call the police, and the scumbags that stole your stuff know they can come in and take what they want when you are gone. If you get a new shotgun, consider a case for it that is inconspicuous... like the bag for a folding chair. I hope you get your stuff back and the d-bags who did this get caught. Stealing a firearm will definitely up the penalty.

I may have an old original XBox (I think) with controllers, etc. You'd need to get some games for it, but there is a lot of great stuff out there for the original XBox, and the games can be bought very cheap these days. PM me if you are interested and I'll dig through the closet to see if I can find it.

The week before I moved into my first home, I was still living at an apartment complex when some a-hole swept through the parking lot breaking into cars stealing GPS units, MP3 players, etc. They broke out my window... I was so unbelievably pissed off. Thieves are the scum of the earth... In some parts of the world, they have their hands chopped off you know...

Last edited:

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    This is some very disheartening news. I'm very sorry to hear this man.

I know how you feel. Last year while my brother was still in college with me, we had packed everything up and loaded it into my truck to go home for Christmas. The crappy thing is that someone broke out my rear left window and stole everything but my ipod in a span of an hour of us loading and leaving. They made off with all my clothes (dirty and clean), a good pair of Sperry's boating shoes, my laptop, a full bottle of Grey Goose, and my backpack with all my school books and homework. We had to make the 9 hour drive home with the window covered with cardboard and extreme wind noise and cold wind.

I hope you recover your lost items. I too have some old xbox games I never play anymore so if you would like them just PM me and they're yours.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Be as vague or specific as you see fit, but what part of town do you live?

Also, this is an event that should allow you to break contract with no penalty.

It's terribly unfortunate, but Houston has turned to shit with all the govt subsidized apartments due to the large amount of displaced hurricane refugees from a few years back. I'm not saying all are bad folks, but some really bad people are here and wreaking havoc in certain areas.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Be as vague or specific as you see fit, but what part of town do you live?

Also, this is an event that should allow you to break contract with no penalty.

It's terribly unfortunate, but Houston has turned to shit with all the govt subsidized apartments due to the large amount of displaced hurricane refugees from a few years back. I'm not saying all are bad folks, but some really bad people are here and wreaking havoc in certain areas.

Over yonder ... On the West side that blurs the line between Katy and Houston.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Over yonder ... On the West side that blurs the line between Katy and Houston.

Sounds like Bear Creek/Langham Creek?

If so, I recommend a move...

Depending on your financial situation, you may look into renting a small patio home. They are a bit more secure and should be available for a reasonable monthly rent.

Eagles1181

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Houston
    Great. You are in my neck of the woods. Stay safe. PM me if you are looking for a new place. I know a couple of decent and affordable complexes.

Eagle

Sent with Tapatalk and my Galaxy S3
    Please excuse any tpyos.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    We decided to move out of that general area shortly after the night I counted 17 gunshots on Peek Rd. in Katy.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Sounds like Bear Creek/Langham Creek?

If so, I recommend a move...

Depending on your financial situation, you may look into renting a small patio home. They are a bit more secure and should be available for a reasonable monthly rent.

Ultimately, that's what I want. A house either to rent or to own. I'd prefer not to own right now just because my long term plan at this point doesn't involve staying in Houston. But, either way I go, it's gotta be cheap ... like around $500/month cheap. All the apartments that I looked at that were around $600/month wouldn't take me because I don't make enough.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Ultimately, that's what I want. A house either to rent or to own. I'd prefer not to own right now just because my long term plan at this point doesn't involve staying in Houston. But, either way I go, it's gotta be cheap ... like around $500/month cheap. All the apartments that I looked at that were around $600/month wouldn't take me because I don't make enough.

Honestly, you're going to be in "da hood" until you can afford closer to $1000 a month for rent.
    Do you have anyone you can split rent with?

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Honestly, you're going to be in "da hood" until you can afford closer to $1000 a month for rent.
    Do you have anyone you can split rent with?

Ya but living alone and on a school salary, I'm kind of stuck on what I can afford.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Need to get the GF to move down ASAP. Lol ... But that would require getting her a job, and it was hard enough just for me ... So that's higher/first priority before a new apartment.

Top Bottom