• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    Follow up question: if you want to add a stock, a vfg, and a suppressor to something like an MP5, do you need to buy three separate stamps (AKA $600 in federal bribes tax)?

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Yes it should work. It will be an AOW, which is a $200 tax stamp. I believe if you transfer it to an SOT who can do it, the tax stamp for that is $5, plus whatever fees the SOT may charge.

If you make it an SBR, you can add the VFG just fine. An MP5K with a stock, vfg, and suppressor would only need $400 worth of tax stamps, one for the SBR, one for the suppressor.

The M models can't easily be suppressed since they lack a tri lug or threaded muzzle.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I think there is a company making mp5k "angled" foregrips, so it's not technically going to turn it into an NFA item

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ant regrets? Or was it worth the cost?
    Not a single regret in that gun. I bought my SP89 for less then $1K. I remember after getting it pissing the wife's father off, especially when I said it would be a machine-gun one day.

What I have in it & what it's worth makes me really happy. Not as happy as shooting it. Some times when I feel blue I open these & just look at it.

A few member have had trigger time on it & that is why I call it the 3 second smile maker.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    To be clear to the OP, The suppressor is in itself a NFA item = $200. You can put it on anything it will fit on. As for the MP5, if you configure it as an SBR, that's a completely separate stamp and another $200. A SBR with a suppressor attached is called a two-stamp gun but by no means implies that they can't be separated. I am not familiar with the AOW route but as with everything pertaining to the ATF, it depends on specifics and unicorn dust.

Last edited:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I've been looking at the AP5-M at PSA for $899. There's a reason why they are still available when all the other models are going for 2x that if they are in stock. It's going to take booku bucks to make it into anything else than what it is.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I've been looking at the AP5-M at PSA for $899. There's a reason why they are still available when all the other models are going for 2x that if they are in stock. It's going to take booku bucks to make it into anything else than what it is.
    Have you checked the price of a German MP5 or MP5k that has been made into a sear host lately?

I have thought about a full sized MP5. I'd buy parts kit & find a flat then send it to TMP Outfitters

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

It's pretty close the what the MP5K was intended to be, but yeah it's not the best option if you want to do anything to it.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    It's pretty close the what the MP5K was intended to be, but yeah it's not the best option if you want to do anything to it.
    Yeah, that AP-5M is begging for a VFG ala MP5K.

1695855616299.png

Top Bottom