Capitol Armory ad

Anyone know where to find railroad ties around Bay City area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Couldn't decide if I should put this here or in the classifieds section so please feel free to correct me. I'm hoping that someone can help give me a good idea where to get some old used railroad ties for cheap/free somewhere south of Houston, preferably down toward the Wharton/Bay City area. I live in the country and have a pretty good plot of land surrounded by even more acreage which I like to go plink on but am looking to build something a little more permanent and safer than a pallet leaned up against a big oak tree. The general consensus for this type of thing seems to be using railroad ties and sand/dirt backstops but I am unsure where to get RR ties around here without just happening across them. I know in the past when they were doing railroad jobs they have piled them up with signs that they were free to anyone that wanted to haul them off but would be willing to pay a reasonable price as well.

Also, about how many would you typically want for this sort of deal...two dozen?
    Target Sports

Top Bottom