• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    I dont know who doesn't like seeing some DD's. Anyone have any 40mm anti personnel rounds they shoot or reload any chalk rounds? Looks like the main manufacturer I see is Pace defense with some hornets nest rounds. The company doesn't seem very responsive though so I am guessing it is a pretty small outfit.
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• 20240126_203321.jpg
      20240126_203321.jpg
      581.2 KB · Views: 41

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Pace make nice stuff. I have his 12 adapter, 4X.410, a reloadable 40 mm Cannon. I have 2 10 round Hornets Nest that are made by someone else. I had heard that some other more then 10 .22 don't always work. The 10 round ones are cool shooting Piney Mountain Tracers.

I have sponge rounds, chalk rounds, flares smoke and at least 2 50 meter flash bang left and one pristine Vietnam era buckshot round. Buying 40 mm munitions are a bit of a chore. You need to constantly be looking for them to come to market & buy them as you see them.

When I first got mine M781 chalk rounds were $6.00 each. Then BATFE changed them where the primers had to be install when shot & the prices went up. Most the manufactures selling them want to sell a pallet at a time, & I believe they now require and expose license & a explosive magazine for storage.

The last time I had mine out was 2 years back at Axxes shoot. Shooting the M782 chalk rounds really needs a hard target. The zinc pusher easily penetrate most vehicle metal. I'm sure the zinc pusher would be hard on most liking mowers. but they need to be recycled for reloading. 40 mm launchers are the most fun the you have multiple people shooting at a junk vehicle. It takes practice but putting them into a wind at 175 yards is rewarding

Defense Technologies makes a reloadable munition kitshttps://www.defense-technology.com/product-category/40mm-munitions-impact-munitions/

I just tried Grogs site but it did not open as it had the most information available on 40mm in general.

Be warned about trying to reload your own H.E. rounds as there is on the web pictures of what was a guys hand & his launcher.

Also be warned that way back some IR flares hit the web, They were stolen property & FBI, BATFE & Food & Drug rounded those up . FDA because of the IR things are regulated under them for being eye safe.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    I will like get the 4x410 and the 18 round 22 adapters from Pace. I was waiting for the 12 round rifled 22 adapter and 12 gauge adapter to come back in stock but they have been out for awhile.

I think grog's site has been taken down from what i have read.

Appreciate all the info!

I have a few of these but have not had a chance to give them a try just yet.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I pulled up Grogs page today & it opened for me. He might require signing up. One of the best thing I added to my launcher is a KAC rail mounted bubble level. Canting a launcher really does exaggerates down range accuracy.

Sights are another thing most new to launcher guys go thru. I wanted an Aimpont on a Spuhr mount. Sweden does not export weapons of war for civilian use. The mounts are expensive as is, but then become highly inflated when sold on the open market. I bought a PSQ-18 and to me I did not care for it. I have liked through an Israeli sight that was hard on my eyes. One guy I know has a Milkor rotary launcher I was told it's sight is OK. Matbock has about the most reasonably priced electoral optic
    I do have a Matbock Tarsier Eclipse on my PVS -14, and it great gear.
    IMG_3443.JPG

Zapp

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    Grog's forumco site went down. Apparently the host just disappeared, and everything on it is gone.

However, he did have a previous site that is back online. If you had an account on the other site, you will need to reregister on this one.

Pace is bringing a new M79 receiver to market now, I think that is keeping them pretty busy

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    Good advice on the level for it. I'll give that a go when I get some chalk rounds. Took the launcher out today and tried the 15 round 22lr bee's nest. My standalone doesn't have a buttstock and those rounds have some pretty hefty recoil, much more than expected.

The M79 receiver by Pace will be 40mm capable or limited to 37mm?

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    The top launcher is a B&T. Their 37mm is supposed to be a "limited run" but that's part of B&Ts marketing style. Their 40mm barrels have to be ordered from an authorized dealer and B&T typically only does 1 or 2 runs for barrels a year for the GL06.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Good advice on the level for it. I'll give that a go when I get some chalk rounds. Took the launcher out today and tried the 15 round 22lr bee's nest. My standalone doesn't have a buttstock and those rounds have some pretty hefty recoil, much more than expected.

The M79 receiver by Pace will be 40mm capable or limited to 37mm?
    The Pace 4x .410 is not for you then as it recoils pretty good.

Zapp

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    The Pace M79 reciever is a complete reproduction of an M79 receiver, so it should be compatible with M79 parts, including 40mm barrels. I think they plan to have 37mm barrels for it at some point, and they are working on other M79 reproduction parts.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    The Pace M79 reciever is a complete reproduction of an M79 receiver, so it should be compatible with M79 parts, including 40mm barrels. I think they plan to have 37mm barrels for it at some point, and they are working on other M79 reproduction parts.
    That would be cool. I don't recall if it was LMT or Colt that made an M203 that was 37mm only and was made so the receiver could not accept 40mm barrels. Wasn't sure if this would be the same, if 40mm I would get one.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That would be cool. I don't recall if it was LMT or Colt that made an M203 that was 37mm only and was made so the receiver could not accept 40mm barrels. Wasn't sure if this would be the same, if 40mm I would get one.
    I see Primary Arms has moved into Penn LEO launcher sales now

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    I think Penn arms only does LEO sales for their launchers. Only available to civilians second hand after a department retires them I believe?

Zapp

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    LMT makes a 37mm M203 that is marked as 37mm. It looks otherwise identical in appearance to their 40mm M203. It will not accept a 40mm barrel, and the "boltface" of the receiver is not as deep on the 37mm as the 40.

Colt also had a small run of 37mms that were marked as 40mm, and the barrel was interchangeable. Which also means those Colt 37mm barrels could be bought and used with any other M203, so they are in demand if you come across one.

That difference in being able to accept the 40mm barrel is why the Colt 37mm required a standard transfer, the same as a bare 40mm receiver, while the LMT requires no transfers.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston

Anyone order from here before? Thinking of getting some chalk rounds. TXMGO has referenced them so I would think they are reputable.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    Ended up orderliness some zinc pushers and ogives from kak industries to reload my own chalk rounds instead. Got 3 m212 reloadable aluminum cases from Pace defense to house the lift charge instead of the 38 blank plastic cases.

@baboon do you recall what lift charge you used for the chalk rounds or were you using the 38 blanks? I am thinking of using 4-5grains of bulleyes as a starting charge but doing a bit more research

Top Bottom