APOD Firearms

Anyone cooking something special for Labor Day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I wound up with the day off - a little surprising because of some shake up personnel wise at my new hospital. I was originally scheduled, but then that got changed and I have today off. We bought some pork loins last week - I had intended on smoking them last week, but then things changed. So these have been sitting in the back fridge waiting for a day off so I could properly cook them. I carefully fired up the smoker (its design won't allow any burning particulate out, or hasn't yet anyway, and I don't think the burn ban covers BBQ pits) and have had a pair of 5lb pork loins smoking for hours now. Last temp check was 130 - going to pull them off about 145-150 and let 'em rest. Wife is going to make mac & cheese for me, since I don't do mac salad.

Last time I smoked up some loins they came out great, so looking forward to this meal.
    Texas SOT

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I don't remember what year it was but some ass clown did indeed burn a huge area around Magnolia. IIRC drunkenly knocking over his Weber kettle. There has to be a thread about it. I remember my final drive into the renfest looking like a war zone or waste land.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I don't remember what year it was but some ass clown did indeed burn a huge area around Magnolia. IIRC drunkenly knocking over his Weber kettle. There has to be a thread about it. I remember my final drive into the renfest looking like a war zone or waste land.

Just a few years ago. A shitload of acreage burned up, I think some folks lost their houses. Neighbors have pictures of the fire - it came right up to the edge of 1488 across from our neighborhood. Lots of smoke, flames, but luckily for the folks here - the fire never jumped the road.

Sasquatch

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    IMG_2556.jpeg
    IMG_2555.jpeg

As you can see from the pix - the pork turned out to be very juicy. Flavor was terrific. Only took 4 hours to smoke these, so the smoke ring didn't penetrate real deep, but the flavor was still there in every bite.

Wife made some mac & cheese to go with, along with fresh watermelon I cut into wedges. It was a hit with all the family - two and four legged.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    IIRC when the fire was tracked back to its origin the idiot that cause it had to move for the death threats he was receiving. Lots of folks got pissed that the Todd Mission VFD did not help as it was created & founded by the renfest owner.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I am working today( tonight actually)

Being around a bunch of union folks it is easy to see where Labor Day is founded in communist origins. Used to be just a day off that I did not think about too much, but hearing some of the old school union reps up here talk about it leading up to today, I believe I will try to work on every labor day going forward as my little celebration against communism

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom