• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dadoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    don't catch it!

I used to work in restaurants as a chef, and one of the lessons I learned early was if a knife falls, NEVER try to catch it. Just pull your hand back, and get your feet out of the way. If it breaks when it falls, then it breaks; but your fingers remain attached!

Haven't dropped a gun yet, and I'm getting over the scratches that it inevitably will get.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Okay I'll bite, why did you get told to throw down you're weapon?

Got busted a few years back over shit that didn't happen. Lying POS cop said I pointed a gun at him,when it was my cell phone in my hand. Cost the money I had saved up to hunt lion. Funny how one cop can **** it up for the rest of them. Aint got much use for cops I didn't know personally before this.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yea that does suck! If it would have F$%& my chance to hunt Africa let alone to hunt Lion in Africa I might have been tempted to sue for defamation or false arrest some thing! I'd have asked txinvestigator what to do, then I'd sue him!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yea that does suck! If it would have F$%& my chance to hunt Africa let alone to hunt Lion in Africa I might have been tempted to sue for defamation or false arrest some thing! I'd have asked txinvestigator what to do, then I'd sue him!

I asked my lawyer & he said I wouldn't get anywhere with a lawsuit. $18K & six months later HPD had to give me my pistol that I had in my back pocket back. The POS that detective that I talked to about getting it back didn't have much to say when I showed the second time to retrieve it. first time there he was running his big fat donut eat mouth like a jackass.

It really opened my eyes to just how messed up our legal system is. Like the lawyer told the judge if my client had pulled his gun on the law he would not be sitting here without bullet holes in him.

Before that I would of come to the aid of an officer. Now I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have dropped weapon on accident, and on purpose. Sometimes on obstacles, it is better to let your weapon hit the deck instead of you tumbling 20ft to it with a weapon.

On some courses of fire, it was mandatory to "throw" down your primary to "simulate losing it" advance to cover, then fight your way back to retrieve it. Makes for a nasty looking M16.

I have also watched as my M16 was launched from our hummer after ramming some assholes doing a drive by. Sometimes you just can't hold onto those things. I think it only went about 50ft that time.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That sucks even worse. I know there are some d-bag cops out there, but the grand majority would have taken the time to figure out what you really had in your hand. Did you reach for your phone or did you already have it out?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That sucks even worse. I know there are some d-bag cops out there, but the grand majority would have taken the time to figure out what you really had in your hand. Did you reach for your phone or did you already have it out?

It was in my hand. Even more messed up was it was a Pasadena cop in Houston. The whole courts system is as bad as the jails. Just another one of those life lessons that I wouldn't wish on very many people.

Most important lesson is lawyer up with the best you can afford if you ever get in trouble. And don't think because your innocent that they have to prove you guilty. It's really the other way around.

Thing I learned from the lawyer is that cops are enforcing laws that the really do dot have knowledge of. That's what a judge is for. A cops word is always going to be held over yours.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I dropped a rifle when the sling came undone once. That wasn't fun...

I can't think of many other times I've dropped a firearm, though. I have used loaded two different rifles on two different occasions as walking sticks to help me climb steep inclines with a heavy backpack, though.

ge0624me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Funny story, but once i was in a Hi Volume Gun Dealer in Austin, i was in there to sell a Custom 1911 ,the owner had already looked at it and qouted me a cash buy on it, Grant you this thing was Beautifull, no dents or marks whatsoever, well i told him i was going to think about it a while, i walked around a few minutes, with it in a pistol rug, was not paying attention that one end was open and it happened---FELL RIGHT OUT AND ON TO THE CEMENT FLOOR, guys when that happened you could hear a pen drop in there,i felt like a big goon, the funny thing is, i went back to the owner and still got paid what he had qouted me earlier, go figure.

Top Bottom