• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Yupper...XD family here too. Wife carries SA XD-9 SC daily, and my favorite is my XD-40 V10, but mine is OD lower. Finest shooting pistol I have ever had. Tight groups out to 25 yards. I think in my circle of family, friends, and co-workers I'm the walking, talking advertisement for Springfield Armory.
    DK Firearms

Glock_Home_Security

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Carrollton
    SP XD .45 are great guns to have... i useto own one about 6 months ago and switched to XD(M) 40 b/c of the (M) factor!! LOL... But to reply to your post.. I think a .45 cal anything for you as a first time gun would be a big mistake, try geting a gun that you can take to the range often and can fit your budget with ammo... if i were you, I'd start off with a 9mm of even a 40 just to get a feel of it.... but of course..... everyone wants to start off at .45 LOL have fun and be safe.

Danton

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Fort Worth
    SP XD .45 are great guns to have... i useto own one about 6 months ago and switched to XD(M) 40 b/c of the (M) factor!! LOL... But to reply to your post.. I think a .45 cal anything for you as a first time gun would be a big mistake, try geting a gun that you can take to the range often and can fit your budget with ammo... if i were you, I'd start off with a 9mm of even a 40 just to get a feel of it.... but of course..... everyone wants to start off at .45 LOL have fun and be safe.

I completely agree with the above. I'd been out of the shooting game for over fifteen years when I decided to buy a new handgun: The XD45 Service. Wanted a .45 for all the excellent reasons that .45 proponents own them. I should've started with a 9mm, though. The XD45 is a great gun, but it's got a bite, particularly to the uninitiated. It just wasn't fun practicing with it at first, and that's exactly what you don't want in your first handgun. I then bought a couple of first rate 9mm's - Sig P226 & Glock 19 - and worked on basic technique. Once I was acclimated I moved up to the XD40, then started working with the XD45 (clearly I'm a big fan of the XD...I picked up an XD9 SC for concealed carry as well). Now I love it, and have added to my .45 collection. My guess is that aside from really big/strong guys who can handle a .45 right away, the progression I went through is fairly standard. Hope this helps.

Ruger74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Splendora,Texas
    Xd .40 sp.jpg

Buckshot John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    wylie
    The xdm .45 was my first hand gun. I really like it. Shoots very well, no jams or issues. I trust my life with it. You will not be disappointed.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    I joined the XD owner group two weeks ago with a XDM 40 5.25. It's a nice gun and fun to shoot. Need to spend some time sighting it in better, but it ran through 200 rounds with no issues. I didn't expect much less though.

austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    Update on the PRP grip tape....I loved my Hogues but Im IN LOVE with the PRP Black rubber tape!! just as good as the Hogue (imho) and much safer cuz I could NOT keep mine from sliding up onto the grip safety no matter how much I trimmed them.....I gave em to a friend with 2 HK's and theyre being put to good use! Regardless, every XD or XDm owner should look into the PRP tape...

Top Bottom