• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have an original Powder Springs (Georgia) MAC10/9. The mags are the biggest pain in the ass to find. I got a couple with the gun when I bought it in 2002 and a few more 25rd stick mags on the internet after that. None of them really work great. I found brand new upper kit 10 years ago, but I haven't successfully been able to get it on my lower. I think it has too many rubber buffer pads on the bolt. These open bolt guns are HEAVY. They are really not shootable with one hand. But man they run fast! Like a fresh f----ed fox in a forest fire. 1200rpm, just showering brass (or lacquer coated steel) all over the place. I bought cases of Wolf 9mm back when it was cheap just to run through it. I got an old two stage SWD silencer with the gun when I bought it. The dealer basically threw it in for free with the gun because it wasn't worth the $200 tax stamp. It had a removable end cap and old corroded rubber wipes that needed replacing. I sent it to an NFA manufacturer out in Oregon and he rebuilt it with all new baffles and replaced the end cap with metal baffles instead of rubber wipes. The thing runs great now. With subsonic ammo it's reasonably quiet, but open bolt guns are still loud even with a can.
    Macs are heavy add the Lage upper get way heavy. I can only imagine the rifle upper. I did see an old man compound fracture his thumb by trying to put his hand on top of a Mac 11 .380.

The cyclic rates for them is stupid. I use to like hear Mac 10's, American 180's, MG42's then Mini guns fire in that order. After hear that my mind goes straight to the A-10 Warthogs.
    Guns International

Top Bottom