• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Say under $20 folding knives, have any impressed you? I have an Opinel #9 that I like, but it’s not a knife I would put to hard use, but does work well for slicing stuff and being lite.

Tried a $10 knife from a Florida based company, Concealed Patriots. Most stuff they push seems like budget stuff from 3rd party vendors. Not a horrible knife for $10. Design is a bit bulky, but it’s bigger than I thought. Did an unboxing/review video. Will be a spare blade in my Jeep, that sees limited use. The knife was better than I expected for a budget/gas station type knife.

Capitol Armory ad

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I've bought a few of these and really like them. They can be found in the $20 range. I can normally hold onto a knife for about a year before it eventually gets lost. The only Benchmade I own stays in the safe.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've had this cheap-ass knife for 3 years now. Got it from Walmart for less than $5 then. Price is a little higher now.
    I sharpen it about once ever 3 months or so and it works great. I don't hunt bears or dismember legions of thugs with it, but for opening boxes and basic shit, it works just fine for me.

1697336500967.png

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I've bought a few of these and really like them. They can be found in the $20 range. I can normally hold onto a knife for about a year before it eventually gets lost. The only Benchmade I own stays in the safe.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

This is literally what I came to say. I have 4 of them.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Say under $20 folding knives, have any impressed you? I have an Opinel #9 that I like, but it’s not a knife I would put to hard use, but does work well for slicing stuff and being lite.

Tried a $10 knife from a Florida based company, Concealed Patriots. Most stuff they push seems like budget stuff from 3rd party vendors. Not a horrible knife for $10. Design is a bit bulky, but it’s bigger than I thought. Did an unboxing/review video. Will be a spare blade in my Jeep, that sees limited use. The knife was better than I expected for a budget/gas station type knife.

No

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Any budget folding knives you like?
    Nope, there is not one I can think of that normally retails under $20.00 that I like. While I have gotten some great knives under $20, including folders, their retail price is always much higher. I get those in at a steal of a deal in an auction now and again. When it comes to knives that usually retail under $20, I would not trust one.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    Knives are consumable tools like angle grinder discs or hacksaw blades, meant to be used up and replaced.

In the early 90's I began carrying a Spyderco Delica. Perfect fit for my daily carry needs.

delica.png

For the last 10 years I've carried this Coast. It's a far better value. 95% of a Delica at 15% the cost.

coast.png

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I have a few cheapo pocket knives that are between $20-$40 mainly Gerber, Kershaw, and CRKT. Mainly because I'm a idiot who loses pocket knives easily. Plus I never saw a need to spend $200-$400 on a tacticool blade. Definitely not saying that it's wrong to buy a high dollar knife it's just not for me.

Tractor Supply usually has quite a few knives on clearance for cheap after Christmas. I remember buying a few like that.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

In recent decdes, I’ve used A G Russell Co. almost exclusively. This is a stocking internet dealer with extensive inventory of both cheap and very expensive knives of all types.

Althpugh not associated w/ Russell Knives of Orlando, they have been dealers for decades.

Lately I’ve been buying their proprietary Russell or ‘’CRKT’’ (Columbia River Knife & Tool) knives for personal use and Boker’s, etc. for Grandkid gifts.

My 4 current pocket knives are a Boker Gentleman’s knife, a little Gerber, a SpyderCo large folder & a Chinese CRKT for yard work.

The SpydercCo was a gift, I’ll never buy one b/c of their disgusting ‘’customer service’’.

Gave my last Jimmy Lile to a dear younger Friend in Austin this past Spring. My Dallas Engineer Grandson has my Russell.

Funny, as I’m past 80, I’ve been trying to give stuff to GK’s, but only one is interested. Most are leftard brainnwashed.

see: https://agrussell.com/

leVieux

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I've been carrying a Dewalt folder for years and it's been solid. Picked up at Home Depot.

Probably Chinese made and Dewalt puts their name on it but it's a tough knife.

Used to be $15 but haven't looked in a while.

Serrated section, drop point, pocket clip, and the right size so it fits my general use needs.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I’ll echo the others. Haven’t found one under about $50 that’s worth it.
    Knives that inexpensive have pretty lousy steel in the blade. They won’t resharpen
    For throw away service they’re fine.
    I’m of the Buy Once, Cry once school.
    Have tried Opinel knives? Very lite and cheap, but work well if you know how to use them and maintain them.

I have seen guys use basic Swiss Army Knives and do amazing things, while people with $400 plus knives broke them trying to do the same things like build a shelter and start a fire.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Have tried Opinel knives? Very lite and cheap, but work well if you know how to use them and maintain them.

I have seen guys use basic Swiss Army Knives and do amazing things, while people with $400 plus knives broke them trying to do the same things like build a shelter and start a fire.
    You beat me to it. I've carried an SAK since the 60s all over the world. And an Opinel for several decades also. both are my regular EDC and have never failed me. my current gifting SAK was/is on sale AMAZON for $23 last spring, and the Opinel #8 was $12 when I bought a dozen a decade or so back. they've both been around for longer than we have.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I’ve carried one version or another of this knife for a decade. Comes in several sizes and often on sale for about $10.

It is a bit heavy but works for boxes, rope, wood, and hold up to prying.

Lose it and I just get a new one out of the drawer. I’ve never worn one out.

I have “nicer” knives I carry when I’m at work or out on the town!

Attachments

• IMG_5879.png
      IMG_5879.png
      279 KB · Views: 33
    Top Bottom