• txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    They don't do it seamlessly, but here is the Calendar sync:
    Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
    I don't like it and have migrated all my stuff to the Goog Calendar even though I used Outlook extensively pre-Android.

I tried this app and while it worked, I didn't like the way it smoked my battery.
    Sync Outlook 2010 And Google Contacts

It is crazy that there is not a program like the old activsync for Windows Moblie, or palm hotsync, heck, even Itunes will sync outlook with the Iphone.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Agreed. This for your galaxy Tab?

Yeah. I am using companionlink on the PC synced with Deja Office on the Galaxy, then Deja syncs with the native apps in android. It syncs via wifi, but good lord there are too many steps.

My job provides me an Iphone that syncs it all through Exchange. Outlook contacts, notes and calendar are all done over the exchange server automatically. I really like the Android in the Tablet, so I have been considering switching to an Android phone. I suppose Android will work on an exchange server. At least it appears so from the Settings on the Tablet.

Its just if I ever don't have the exchange to work with I don't want to have to take all these steps I do now.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I use an iPhone but I think you could use the same process for android. I sync everything via my google account. Found a free software program to sync the contacts and I let google do all the work.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Google will do calendar and notes for free. Third party is the only way to sync outlook with google for free. Google offers it with a business account. With said account they will sync everything for "free"

Here is the link for the free third party program that takes care of the contacts part. It requires a little bit of pre planning and getting things like you want them first then it works great.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/gocontactsync/develop

randy_rcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    Google will sync your contacts and calendar, as for trying to sync it with a pc I've never tried it as my phone is set up through an Exchange server.

Top Bottom