• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Damn this thread. DAMN IT TO HELL. Now you've scared me. I'm heading to Walmart later today. Will probably skip out on some Spring Break festivities as well as budget some other things so that I can hopefully pick up a ton of ammo at Walmart.

Hopefully I can pick up the rest of their federal red box, wwb, and maybe a couple boxes of Tulammo if I'm feeling poor. Which I am, so I will be buying lots of Tulammo.
    Capitol Armory ad

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Holy crap. I just had a rush buying this. WWB is up from $20.97 to $23.97, so I was too late for that. However, Federal stayed a nice $19.97, and Tulammo was $9.97, which I believe is up a little. I ended up buying 10 boxes of Federal. Now my wallet hurts, and I want to cry.

On a funny note, the cashier goes, "You planning on shooting a lot?" and I had a lapse in thinking and said, "Something like that." I saw the look on the cashier's face and the other Walmart employee, and quickly explain that I was preparing for any sort of shortage. It hadn't crossed my mind that I made it seem like I was about to go on a shooting spree. Lmao.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Well, all this talk of ammo prices going up....and the Wallyworld I was in today having the $20/boxes of 100 9mm (that they don't usually have good stock of)....

Got me 1500 rounds! That's in addition to the 1000 I have on the way. Between these two purchases, should be enough to get me through 6 months to a year of shooting!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I checked WW (Huntsville) & Academy (Conroe) this week for 250rd box of .45, prices stable.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm sure as people start watching they will get worried, when they get worried a rush will begin, when that happens prices will definatly go up. I'm trying to get ahead of the curve, although that probably make me part of the problem.

I've recently put in an order for 2000 9mm and 1000 .40 bullets. Still need to order more .40 bullets, loaded .223/5.56, and some loaded 9mm and .40, and make a big powder/primer purchase. I figure even if there is not a spike in demand and prices there may be a rise due to metal and fuel prices.

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    Looking at 7.62x39 ammo and wideners has up the price twice. Looks more like a low inventory so lets jack up the price scare tactic than supply demand bit what do i know.

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    walmarts prices went up enough that I just wait for sales at cabelas or academy and stock up.

cougartex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    The following is part of an email from Bud’s Gun Shop -

“After spending the first six weeks of 2012 attending various firearms industry shows, including the NSSF Shot Show in Las Vegas with the highest dealer attendance of record, there was one obvious recurring theme from every manufacturer we visited with...."we just can't make enough firearms". Although we fully expected another surge later in 2012, it has already started as the ATF continues to report all time record highs in background/NICS checks as well as Conceal Carry/CCW permit applications.

Here's the deal....it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. Every contact and indicator we have tells us that guns and ammo are selling MUCH faster than they can be manufactured. Our suppliers inventories are dropping drastically every day and they are already quoting 4-6 month back orders on all new orders!”

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I just hope that a bunch of those NICS checks are for people buying firearms for the first time.
    Want to protect the 2nd amendment? Get a person who has never been into guns to buy one. If you can then get them to join the NRA, GOA, TSRA....even better!

Top Bottom