• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camd64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    cedar park
    I found the best time to get anything is typically a couple hours after they open on a delivery day. By then what items they did get delivered are just put on the shelves. While I don't agree with the one box limit I do understand the need for a limit. The friday when everything went to hell I saw a guy come through the front door with a dolly and load up just about every spam can they had.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Before all this happened I would always stop in when I could and pick up a box or two regardless of what I needed, so I will be happy if this keeps the stock around a bit longer then a few hours.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    A wise old man told me years ago: "Son, anytime you see ammo on the shelf, and it's in a caliber you shoot -- buy some. I've lived through some trying times -- the Great Depression -- World War Two. We learned to stock up. You never know when that ammo plant is gonna blow up. Don't forget those .22s for squirrel and rabbits."

That old man never imagined a future government might deprive him of his guns and ammo. His biggest fear was of an industrial accident at some ammo factory. His advice is still valid today, although the conditions have changed far beyond his fears.

Shoot one, buy two.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    A wise old man told me years ago: "Son, anytime you see ammo on the shelf, and it's in a caliber you shoot -- buy some. I've lived through some trying times -- the Great Depression -- World War Two. We learned to stock up. You never know when that ammo plant is gonna blow up. Don't forget those .22s for squirrel and rabbits."

That old man never imagined a future government might deprive him of his guns and ammo. His biggest fear was of an industrial accident at some ammo factory. His advice is still valid today, although the conditions have changed far beyond his fears.

Shoot one, buy two.

post of the day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    I personally am glad they are limiting it, now maybe people like me that work for a living can go in and grab a box of rounds in the evening before they get all snatched up just so i can shoot my AR, I havent been able to hog hunt with it half the season because I ran out of ammo and cant find any, and I refuse to pay the price gouging rates people are asking these days.

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    Stopped by academy at lunch and they had ammo stacks at customer service, weird thing is it looks like even less than I saw there before the limits.
    onky difference was some 5.56 boxes

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    ...eff that! Thanks for reminding me why I buy most of my ammo online.

This was the line before the 1604/potranco store opened yesterday morning. That store has had a 5 or 6 box per caliber limit for a while. Even with the limit, the 223, 9mm, 308 and 22 was off the shelf in less than a minute.
    3e8y2ysu.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have no sympathy for anyone who is crying because people keep buying all the ammo. You should have stocked up. You know who is in office. You have no excuse. Most of you remember 2008, you have had four years.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I have no sympathy for anyone who is crying because people keep buying all the ammo. You should have stocked up. You know who is in office. You have no excuse. Most of you remember 2008, you have had four years.

Excuse me for being a poor college student who just turned 21 and is now actually able to buy handgun ammo with ease. We arent complaining so much about the lack, but of the asshole panic buyers who are causing this.

sent from my dishwasher yo

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Excuse me for being a poor college student who just turned 21 and is now actually able to buy handgun ammo with ease. We arent complaining so much about the lack, but of the asshole panic buyers who are causing this.

I was buying handgun ammo online since before I was 21 lol.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Boo hoo. I have been as broke as anyone. I still managed to buy one extra box of ammo per month. A brick of .22 every month equals 6,000 + rounds on your shelf when there is a" panic".
    Stop your excuse making and grow a pair.

Could be that a lot of the "gougers" are just people who have lost their jobs and are trying to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads. Good for them for seeing an opportunity to keep their head above water a little longer.

When the prices come back down( and they will) just buy an extra box per month so when the next "panic" happens, you won't look like a crybaby whining about " it's not fair"

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not sure what's worse at this point, people bitching about prices or people bitching about people bitching.

Dammit, not I'm on the verge of nothing about people bitching about people bitching. <insert relevant emoticon>

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I don't mind the people trying to profit. What bugs me is having to compete with the LGS, who has access to wholesale, buying ammo at my sources so he can resell it at his place.

JimThorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    East Texas

I didn't have four years. I just bought my first AR about 1 month ago. How was I to know that some psycho kid would shoot up an elementary school and start the AWB talk all over again. :rolleyes:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I didn't have four years. I just bought my first AR about 1 month ago. How was I to know that some psycho kid would shoot up an elementary school and start the AWB talk all over again. :rolleyes:

Really!???! You did not know that we have a rabid antigun POTUS?

How about when the GOP put up a candidate who gleefully signed an AWB when he was Governor? That didn't give you a clue to start stocking up????

Nothing but whiny fail here. History, those who fail to learn from it are doomed to repeat it.

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Chill a little, Hoji. Not everyone is as smart as you.

That said, I went to Academy last week and purchased 300 rounds of .45 and 100 of .380. They had no 9mm. Yesterday I was at Cabellas and they had .45 (PMC bronze and Herters) and that was about it. in early December I split a case of 9 with a friend, so I am OK for a while. What I found interesting is they had ARs for sale at before panic prices.

Top Bottom