• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Update:

What ever happened to the right to a speedy trial?

The father & son accused of murder in Abilene over the alley trash dispute are just now getting to trial.
    I think its bullshit..this happened in 2018..waaayy before covid.

Here is some info on speedy trial by an attorney I used to do some PI work for on cases. But, I think you have the speedy trial mixed up a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

Here is some info on speedy trial by an attorney I used to do some PI work for on cases. But, I think you have the speedy trial mixed up a little.

Whats to "mix up"? Speedy trial is simple. According to the article some cases were dismissed based on it and some were not.
    Over 4 years ain't speedy , I don't care what anyone else says.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Whats to "mix up"? Speedy trial is simple. According to the article some cases were dismissed based on it and some were not.
    Depends on if your side is the one holding things up. Sometimes time is your friend and sometimes not.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I bet if I acted like a psychotic nutcase to you, you would pull a gun on me. If I came back with a bat, you would most certainly shoot me.

This guy was a raving nutcase.

The shooters are jackasses. But if dead guy did indeed leave the scene, I would say that it was deescalated. Probably not the way I would do it, but not the point.
    The dead guy had the option of not bringing a baseball bat to a gun fight.
    Had his raving loon ass had just stayed inside and called the police instead of coming after an armed pair of retards, he would not be dead at the hands of the armed retards.
    ^^^^THIS!

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Local news reporter who was in the courtroom yesterday said the defense attorney definitely told jurors that the once formally angry threatening guy did have a bad and raised it to swing.
    This is seconds after saying he was going to kill them.
    I'm no fan of this father/son duo and they had a way to back down and leave the confrontation...but on the other hand the law is the law
    This is going to be interesting to see how it plays out

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I bet if I acted like a psychotic nutcase to you, you would pull a gun on me. If I came back with a bat, you would most certainly shoot me.

This guy was a raving nutcase.

The shooters are jackasses. But if dead guy did indeed leave the scene, I would say that it was deescalated. Probably not the way I would do it, but not the point.
    The dead guy had the option of not bringing a baseball bat to a gun fight.
    Had his raving loon ass had just stayed inside and called the police instead of coming after an armed pair of retards, he would not be dead at the hands of the armed retards.
    Except that's not what happened. The shooter(s) removed garbage from a communal dumpster and threw it in the deceased's yard, he verbally objected to this - which is when one shooter pulled his gun and the other armed himself.
    The dead guy was handed a baseball bat by somebody at the scene even more stupid than the 3 people arguing.
    This happened in front of the dead guy's house!
    Update:

What ever happened to the right to a speedy trial?

The father & son accused of murder in Abilene over the alley trash dispute are just now getting to trial.
    I think its bullshit..this happened in 2018..waaayy before covid.

It is typical for a defendant to request a delay, these delays commonly become years - in Harris County is is currently around 5 years.
    Local news reporter who was in the courtroom yesterday said the defense attorney definitely told jurors that the once formally angry threatening guy did have a bad and raised it to swing.
    This is seconds after saying he was going to kill them.
    I'm no fan of this father/son duo and they had a way to back down and leave the confrontation...but on the other hand the law is the law
    This is going to be interesting to see how it plays out
    The attorney is lying, his clients are going to prison. The shooters instigated the entire conflict, repeatedly threatened the deceased, and have absolutely no right to self defense. The shooters were repeatedly told to go home, they were repeatedly told they were in a public place, they were repeatedly warned they were breaking the law.
    They are not only going to be convicted, they're likely getting maximum sentences. They pulled gun on children and murdered a man in front of his family! They're likely getting life sentences.

Eli

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You should try watching the whole video and not what the msm want you to see.

Dead retard has a long history of being a violent retard. Threatens to kill shirtless retards multiple times, then come at them with a baseball bat, thus ending his reign as King of the Tarded

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    You should try watching the whole video and not what the msm want you to see.

Dead retard has a long history of being a violent retard. Threatens to kill shirtless retards multiple times, then come at them with a baseball bat, thus ending his reign as King of the Tarded
    Now Hoji..you heard him..its all the shooters fault..the poor dead guy was a youth pastor just trying to help the community and never told them he was going to kill them or had the ability to carry out the threat. The dead guy was plainly seen in the video trying to de-escalte the whole thing..trying to stay calm and it wasnt a bat he had, it was a Bible.

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016

Is the defendant wanting a speedy trial, because that’s what it’s for, not the victim.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Is the defendant wanting a speedy trial, because that’s what it’s for, not the victim.

Ok look...I dont know who ask for shit

I only said so much for a speedy trial because I realized it had been 4 years since the arrest.

Thats just me making an observation.
    Im not speaking on behalf of anyone

dfwpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Ok look...I dont know who ask for shit

I only said so much for a speedy trial because I realized it had been 4 years since the arrest.

Thats just me making an observation.
    Im not speaking on behalf of anyone

No problem, just giving information about speedy trial act. It’s kind of like when I taught at the police academy…Constitutional rights are there to protect the accused, not the victims.

Top Bottom