• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Quite the opposite. Its virtue signalling on their part. They will carry it like a trophy. Also they will sue and get any penalty blocked. Happy fun time.
    You're assuming I was talking about the SJW. I am not. I am talking about the unmotivated conservatives and fence riders. The ones who are sitting in silence because they're voices are trounced by the liberals in Travis County. And perhaps those reasonable who are on the other side
    O

Only when her term expires.
    This is false
    Guns International

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    OK gents, according to the TC tax collector, as of 5/2016, there were 2,112,864 property tax accounts in the county. Based on the number of accounts, it only takes $0.71 each to make up the $1.5 million shortfall if everybody paid the same amount. On a pro rata basis, I would pay much much less. From my perspective the $ are way less important than the message.

Last edited:

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    You're assuming I was talking about the SJW. I am not. I am talking about the unmotivated conservatives and fence riders. The ones who are sitting in silence because they're voices are trounced by the liberals in Travis County. And perhaps those reasonable who are on the other side

This is false

PLease show me where she can be recalled as I am unfamiliar with it.

I would not assume the conservatives are unmotivated. They are just outnumbered.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Recall elections happen. Get signatures to hold a recall election, submit, get yourself and others out to vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Recall elections happen. Get signatures to hold a recall election, submit, get yourself and others out to vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you show the code for it? Its interesting as I did not know that was possible in Texas. The closest thing I found some was a petition related to intoxication and other minds.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    PLease show me where she can be recalled as I am unfamiliar with it.

I would not assume the conservatives are unmotivated. They are just outnumbered.
    Outnumbered for sure...But they have a choice on where to live, and the behaviors to which they'll put up with.

I don't feel sorry for those who would be affected by the consequences of the sheriff's bad behavior, except those wronged by the illegal immigrants she'll end up releasing.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Didn't happen for our drunken DA, just say'in.

Also the tax penalty per property tax payer of the loss of $1.5 million is insufficient to cause action IMO.
    Travis County....Not much else to say lol.

I certainly agree!

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    OK gents, according to the TC tax collector, as of 5/2016, there were 2,112,864 property tax accounts in the county. Based on the number of accounts, it only takes $0.71 each to make up the $1.5 million shortfall if everybody paid the same amount. On a pro rata basis, I would pay much much less. From my perspective the $ are way less important than the message.

Personally I don't give fucks about how you count the dollaz in any county. I would live in that suckhole or close to it for ll of the problems in that area. We too have our problems but nothing on the scale that Austin has.

The headlines that are generated there are more than good enough to keep us from ever living there or spending any time there. It's a flyover for us.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Personally I don't give fucks about how you count the dollaz in any county. I would live in that suckhole or close to it for ll of the problems in that area. We too have our problems but nothing on the scale that Austin has.

The headlines that are generated there are more than good enough to keep us from ever living there or spending any time there. It's a flyover for us.

They like it that way too. Somehow they will have to survive without you.

Of course as someone from Houston we have similar sentiments about Dallas. :spank:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin

We'll miss you. Bye.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I don't care about any disproportionate effect on any voter/taxpayer in Travis County resulting from this withholding of funds. I don't care to discuss "value shaming", "body shaming", "fat shaming", or "for shame, shaming". Who gives a phuck. This is a classic demonstration of the power of the purse as an object lesson to the sheriff of Travis County that her actions have consequences. Let her begin weathering the storm of e-mails, cards, letters, and face-to-face commentary and decide for herself whether she wants to be the bitch that costs the county $1.5 million. Let the fun begin.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I don't care about any disproportionate effect on any voter/taxpayer in Travis County resulting from this withholding of funds.

The reason I posted what I did was to show that there is hardly any effect at all on individual taxpayers if they had to make up the difference.

But it doesn't matter anyway because they are going the donation route:

In wake of grant cuts, Travis County launches fundraising site
    By Calily Bien, Published: February 3, 2017, 5:44 pm
    Updated: February 3, 2017, 5:45 pm
    http://kxan.com/2017/02/03/in-wake-of-grant-cuts-travis-county-launches-fundraising-site/

"AUSTIN (KXAN) — Ever since Gov. Greg Abbott cut $1.5 million in grant money to Travis County earlier this week in response to Sheriff Sally Hernandez’ new ICE detention policy, GoFundMe campaigns have started popping up in an effort to raise money for the county and its programs.

"While Travis County Judge Sarah Eckhardt says she is encouraged by all the people who want to help, she wanted to make sure any donations being made would be managed properly and tax-exempt. On Friday, working with Austin Community Foundation, Eckhardt launched a fundraising account dubbed #StrongerTogether."

https://traviscountystrong.wixsite.com/tc-strongertogether

Last edited:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Let me see if I have this right - Some of you think withholding funds doesn't work in a manner you like as it rewards politicians?

I'm confused, as I think the sheriff while being an LEO is also a politician, she's not appointed, but elected.

If she refuses to uphold the law and the governor is attempting to force her to uphold the law with the tools he has (withholding funding) how can that be wrong?

Or, would you simply do nothing to motivate her to do the job she refuses to do and passively live with her not doing her job, because to do so in the manner the governor is enacting upsets you for personal reasons?

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Not sure who you are addressing, but here are my answers:

I'm confused, as I think the sheriff while being an LEO is also a politician, she's not appointed, but elected.

Correct

If she refuses to uphold the law and the governor is attempting to force her to uphold the law with the tools he has (withholding funding) how can that be wrong?

It isn't.

Or, would you simply do nothing to motivate her to do the job she refuses to do and passively live with her not doing her job, because to do so in the manner the governor is enacting upsets you for personal reasons?

What Abbott is doing doesn't offend me in the least. More power to him!

Brian C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    Outside Bee Cave
    Not sure who you are addressing, but here are my answers:

Correct

It isn't.

What Abbott is doing doesn't offend me in the least. More power to him!

I agree on all counts. He needs to find a way (I am unfamiliar with the law on the matter) to find her in violation of her oath or malfeasance of office or just get down to it and pass a law that holds here personally criminally accountable.

This is an OK first step but it will have little practical effect. Frankly she needs to be made and example of and bitch slapped to show what happens.

Top Bottom