Target Sports

A Rant! Handguns You Got Rid of That You Wish You Hadn't!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Glock 17 gen 2 but only because I needed the money. I'm sure itchin is enjoying it now but I liked the grip and no rail. Now I have a gen 3 that's nice but I prefer the gen 2.
    Target Sports

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    S&W 581 .357 mag. In stainless. ( it was before stainless had to have a 6 in the model number ) Carried from '78 to '87 sold to fund my beloved 4506.

crackpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sold a gen 2 glock 19, crossbreed holster, and 5 pre-ban u-notch magazines. I have never liked carrying striker fire DA guns so took advantage of first Obama gun scare to make some money to fund other purchases. Behind enemy lines, pre-bans means $50-$75 a magazine where elsewhere it just means old.

Also sold a Star B 9mm that I purchased C&R since I had gotten two off GB for the purpose of picking the better one.

Beyond that, the collection only grows...

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This is a silly tale but I'm guilty of pining over a 1911 that I sold to a neighbor around 1980.

The 1911 was a parts gun built on an Essex frame with a no name slide. It was so loose that it rattled like a can of spray paint! It had the usual GI minimal sights but my gosh, that pistol shot great! The poor thing had almost no finish but instead of looking like a pistol "in the white", it had patina from years of shooting and carrying. The pistol showed personality and character.

I tried to buy that pistol back at a handsome profit many times but never succeeded. I've had a embarrassing number of 1911's in my life, but why that particular one stuck in my head is a mystery.

Also sold a Star B 9mm that I purchased C&R since I had gotten two off GB for the purpose of picking the better one.

I had a Star Model B and dumped it, too. Those are terrific guns and it had a fantastic trigger. I dry fire everything and the reputation of the Star for having brittle firing pins prompted me to trade it. Yup, that decision to trade it was probably not a good one.

Flash

Last edited:

LoneStarTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought and sold a gun in my never learned much 60's: Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum 4" stainless. I just fixed that and bought another one.
    I know the thread was about handguns but I just couldn't let go of the memories of guns of my youth I stupidly traded off:
    Winchester model 55 auto eject single shot, Ithaca model 49 Saddlegun single shot, Ruger No. 3 .22 Hornet single shot.

Attachments

• Winchester model 55.jpg
      Winchester model 55.jpg
      10.4 KB · Views: 122
    • Ithaca model 49.jpg
      Ithaca model 49.jpg
      33.3 KB · Views: 97
    • Ruger No. 3.jpg
      Ruger No. 3.jpg
      10.2 KB · Views: 110
    • Ruger GP100.jpg
      Ruger GP100.jpg