• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    What would your protocol be, given the same circumstances, employer, etc.?
    What's an employer got to do with it? Just today I met a TGT member at the Bucee's in Katy to buy a firearm from him. I let him see that I had a TX LTC, and handed him the money, at which time he handed me the firearm. Done deal. He didn't get a look long enough to record anything, and he sure as hell wasn't given the opportunity to photograph anything. Total transaction took about a minute.
    Texas SOT

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    What scares me is that there's enough of you nervous "check everything" people out there that it won't be hard for the government to get your support for shutting down all private sales.

Do you really think that a BOS will protect you in court? I suggest you ask your attorney, and you might want to be sitting down when he tells you how little it will mean.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It's what I think every time I read about what some people want to complete what should be a simple sale.

It is really how we get more laws and restrictions.
    Yep. Get more and more people acclimated to this “ for my peace of mind” mentality and before you know it the whole UBC thing seems reasonable to enough people that it becomes law.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    What scares me is that there's enough of you nervous "check everything" people out there that it won't be hard for the government to get your support for shutting down all private sales.

Do you really think that a BOS will protect you in court? I suggest you ask your attorney, and you might want to be sitting down when he tells you how little it will mean.

I have friends that will not purchase a new gun for fear of the yellow sheet. I don't draw the connection that verifying who buys my firearm is supporting ending private sales. You can have one without the other. I don't do a BOS (unless requested) on my car or bikes either but again, to each his own.

"You know what really grinds my gears........"
    We need that section in TGT.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Freedom? As in, do as I (legally) see fit? I love it!

I fully understand no ID or BOS to friends, co-workers, or the folks here you've established a relationship with.

That said, if I need to advertise to a larger audience (texasguntrader, for example) to get an item sold, I'll be dealing w/ a stranger... is it really freedom-hating to do what I can to "vet" that person?

Yes. Making up your own gun control laws is wrong. It feeds the antis. What you're doing is one step from universal background checks. Please stop.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    As I mentioned, I personally only require SEEING (not documenting and subsequently safeguarding) a LTC/CHL, or simply conducting a sale through an FFL. That, along with any any relevant facts surrounding the transaction, is MY process.

Why? What are you afraid of?

As the seller you have zero risk. The buyer takes a risk because if the gun turns out hot he could lose his money. You have been fed false info by TV and morons. All you have to do is follow the law.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    We like trigger words. "Church of" "Afraid of"
    If you were to go into a store and didn't like how they lawfully sold an item, you would just go somewhere else.

Me, I want a record of the transaction in case that firearm is used improperly. Besides, most of you'll lost your guns in the boating accident. We like playing hypotheticals here so how about this - a gun you sold is used in a horrific crime and the only lead is the gun left at the scene. If the Inv. Came and asked, wouldn't you like to be helpful or is your freedom to valuable to assist them (triggered)? I am not saying you would be held liable......in TX anyway.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    sharkey,

Nope, paranoia is in for win.....can't have records as Big Brother is always out to get you. (these are often the same folk who post their life history of fb or twit or what have you)

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I've been quietly following this thread, but .... what I don't understand ........ is ...... why would any bill of sale "protect" a seller (or buyer)? Were I a person who commits crimes, I'd have a whole stack of bills of sale written up (all by me or a friend!) and ready to use. Proof that they were legitimate would be 99.99% impossible to prove. I just don't get it. Notarizing a bill of sale may help but having a friend with you to witness a sale would probably be a great deal better.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    FIFY: Notarizing a bill of sale may help but having an armed friend with you to witness a sale would probably be a great deal better.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FIFY: Notarizing a bill of sale may help but having an armed friend with you to witness a sale would probably be a great deal better.
    Only if the buyer was going to steal the weapon from you. He could just lie and be real friendly and give you fake information. If he stole it and ran away, only thing you would have is a witness that it was stolen. You "might" be off the hook (if the friend was there) but the gun is still gone.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    If one doesn't like selling or buying anonymously, they should go to an FFL and have it all recorded. I wouldn't mind buying or selling with an FFL recording info, but either way I'm not going to be the one paying the FFL.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    We like trigger words. "Church of" "Afraid of"
    If you were to go into a store and didn't like how they lawfully sold an item, you would just go somewhere else.

Me, I want a record of the transaction in case that firearm is used improperly. Besides, most of you'll lost your guns in the boating accident. We like playing hypotheticals here so how about this - a gun you sold is used in a horrific crime and the only lead is the gun left at the scene. If the Inv. Came and asked, wouldn't you like to be helpful or is your freedom to valuable to assist them (triggered)? I am not saying you would be held liable......in TX anyway.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    Well, since you ask...... look up John Shipley. Want to take a guess on how they were only able to convict him on one count?;)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gearhead_Gunsmith
    Top Bottom