• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jay524288

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've got a 500 round sealed ammo can of 7.62 FMJ. I believe it was made in Brazil - "F R" headstamp. It is non corrosive.

I can't find any surplus ammo for sale, but it looks like commercial ammo is going for > $1.50/round. I'm asking $500 for this. If that's way out of line, make an offer. I'd prefer to sell it all to one person, but I'll break it up if I have enough buyers for it all.

FTF in the Austin area.
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I've got a 500 round sealed ammo can of 7.62 FMJ. I believe it was made by IMI, but I'm not 100% positive. It is non corrosive.

I can't find any surplus ammo for sale, but it looks like commercial ammo is going for > $1.50/round. I'm asking $500 for this. If that's way out of line, make an offer. I'd prefer to sell it all to one person, but I'll break it up if I have enough buyers for it all.

FTF in the Austin area.

$1/round is not bad. I did this last week:

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabela's and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience.
    Products Ordered
    25 of 21-0889 Winchester USA Rifle Ammunition 7.62X51MM NATO 147GRShipped-03/07/13Total
    Merchandise = $524.75
    Postage = $19.95
    Tax = $34.04
    ORDER TOTAL = $578.74

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Oh man I'd have bought it off you on the spot if I saw it before last weekend. I was up there shooting with people.

What's the load and bullet weight?

jay524288

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Oh man I'd have bought it off you on the spot if I saw it before last weekend. I was up there shooting with people.

What's the load and bullet weight?

No idea. It's military surplus and the can only says "500 cartridges cal 7.62MM Ball Lot: 4-80".

It looks like I was wrong about the manufacturer. I found a loose cartridge from this lot that has "F R" as the headstamp. According to the internets, that's from Brazil.

Top Bottom