• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Shot this with my Droid so the quality sucks, but man ... I love big bore rifles. This sucker produces about 7,500 lb. ft. when loaded up. Compare that to your average .300 Win Mag around 3,500 lb. ft.

Guns International

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You going to put up the vid of me? ;) LOL Man that gun was fun! I felt a physical adrenaline rush after shooting that thing at a relatively fast pace. I just felt like firing it again, and again, and again while screaming at the top of my lungs. ;)

Fleetman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like big bores too and regularly shoot a .458 Lott...not close to the power (5800 ft lbs) of the .460 WB though! My "real" big bore is a .50BMG.

What are your ammo costs? I was buying Lott ammo from a well known mail-order company for $94 per box (Hornady 500 grain solid) plus shipping and found the identical ammo at American Shooting range in Houston for $92. I noticed they also had a fair amount of WB ammo although I can't remember what calibers.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It looks like he is not wearing any hearing protection... I wonder if it produces the same shock wave that a .50 BMG does when you shoot it?

I am wearing plugs. The noise produced by a rifle indoors is enough to disorient you without hearing protection.

Top Bottom