Guns International

.45 ACP, 230 grain FMJ bullets - source?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Fixin' ta order a coupla thousand FMJ .45 bullets - anyone got a line on some at good prices? Also - anyone in SA wanting to "bundle" an order if we can get a better price on 'em?
    Gun Zone Deals

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, since this IS the reloadin' forum....<G>

Yeah - lookin' to reload 'em. Would like to do at least 2-3 k rounds - thought I had that many out there, but I was wrong, so gotta bite the bullet ah reckon! Still, they're 30-35 cents/round factory load, so I can still save a pretty decent coupla bucks!

Deavis

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Austin
    Zero or MGB and buy direct. That Everglades price is ridiculous for those bullets, a case of 2000 from MGB is $303 v. Everglades $355 price. Plus MGB shipping is included and they normally hsip the same day. Zero can be bought through Roze Distribution at the retail level, they were backordered on 45ACP bullets, it took a while to get my 60k from them but it looks like they have some now. Buy 2k and they are less than $118 per 1k, which is far better than the bullets on Everglades (I think they use Precision Delta).

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Thanks - Zero looks like the way to go....but they're out of stock. Guess ah'll hafta be patient....dammit.

An' yeah - they gotta be FMJ - need to load some up for my Randall's (they really only like FMJ, although I'm gradually gettin' the ramps tweaked), plus every once in a while I like to run some hotter loads.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    When I need anything firearm or reloading related I go online to ; www.MidwayUSA.com I have found them to be quite reasonable and competative with other dealers and the Boss Man, Larry Potterfield sponsors a lot of gun shows that I view on Wednesdays on the Outdoor Channel ....

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Don't know what Mastercast cost but there's a guy in South Louisiana that makes a good cast 230 gr .45 for $72 per thousand shipped. I'm on my 3rd order of them now and they shoot as well as Friendswood, Mid-Atlantic, Missouri Bullets or any of the moly bullets.

cfell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Hill Country
    Don't know what Mastercast cost but there's a guy in South Louisiana that makes a good cast 230 gr .45 for $72 per thousand shipped. I'm on my 3rd order of them now and they shoot as well as Friendswood, Mid-Atlantic, Missouri Bullets or any of the moly bullets.

Howdy, PopsXD9c.. do you have a link to the guy who casts in Louisiana or phone number?

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    No FMJ but I've been using index2 for my cast for about the last 10 years. Kinda local and a good product.
    :patriot:

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    How about Berry's 230 gr RN? I'm getting an order together, they offer free shipping with minumum of $50, and they have these priced at $141.76 per K? I've used them before in my Thompson and they shoot fine with no leading.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    .45 cal 230 grain PULLED

Give theses a try. $105 per 1000 for pulled bullets. I've ordered his .40 pulled bullets and they were great. I just ordered 2000 of the 230gn for my .45's. Also until the end of the month he's offerering a 10% discount, just type "bullets" in the coupon code in the order form.

Top Bottom